1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36ZP geometry ajustment ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by perry ferrit, Apr 17, 2002.

1. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can the geometry be ajusted on a tosh 36zp18p if so how do i go about it , i know how to go into service menu but i do not know where to go from there ?:confused:

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the same as all Toshiba models for the last 5 years. You can check google under uk.media.home-cinema for loads of posts to help you.

You don't say what modes you want to change or PAL, NTSC or all. However, google should supply you enough information to get what you need.

3. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that mate.:)

4. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have searched google and found no info regarding the 36zp18 can any one else help me and give me some info regardind pic geometry ajustment in the service menu ? :confused:

5. perry ferrit

perry ferrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELP PLEASE ! :(

6. orange

orange

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I know there are numerous threads on the issue of service menus and geometry and I've looked at many, but I don't seem to be able to find a definitive guide on what the parameters are. I've downloaded the Excel spreadsheet (X81Designer.xls) that contains the parameters for the Tosh US RPTVs and this is quite helpful. But I still have some questions:

1) In the SERVICE menu different aspect ratios are grouped as follows: 4:3/14:9/Wide; Superlive; Cinema/Subtitle.
    1a) But is there a way of adjusting the geometry for each mode individually. For instance 4:3 appears to short (balck bars top and bottom) whereas 14:9 appears to high (miss some of the picture and can see the line structure more). I know for the RPTVs in the DESIGNER menu things like EOCT refer to "Theater" mode only, whereas others refer to "Normal" mode. What are the prefixes for the ZP18 for the different modes.
    1b) Also are there different settings for PAL and NTSC (what are they?)

2) Is there a separate convergence menu for the ZP18s as there is for the RPTVs (or just RPTVs only)? Doesn't appear to be.

3) What do the all the buttons on the remote do in SERVICE/DESIGNER menu - AV switches between various test screens, P+/- change parameters, V+/- change values. BUT what about the other keys. I pressed 1, 2 and 3 the other night and this just jumped to RCUT, GCUT and BCUT. So I tried 4 and this seemed to turn the picture B&W so I paniced and power cycled the TV (few back to normal). What do all the keys do? Anyone?

8. jasonlgriffin

jasonlgriffin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone?

I've been trying to reduce the sharpness for pictures from the Tuner. In the X81Designer.xls spreadsheet there were some parameters for the sharpness of the tuner (SHPT) and a separate one for video (SHPV - non-tuner?). These are not in the DESIGNER menu for the ZP18, but there is instead ST, SV, STT, and SVT. Mine are all set to 27h. I've tried changing these but they don't seem to do anything noticeable. Does anyone know if there is a parameter to adjust the sharpness of the tuner (beyond -50 in the USER menu)?

Also, I have found the parameters 2*** and 3*** refer to PM-2 and PM-3, and the same parameters without a number refer to PM-1. There is also the same parameters but with W*** and N***. What do the N/W parameters refer to? Is one of them PM-M? I intend to use the parameters to make PM-1/2/3 more useful so I can have different picture preferences for different conditions/inputs.

Is there a definitive guide to the SERVICE/DESIGNER menus out there (for the ZP18s or Tosh UK CRT TVs in general)?