Tosh 36ZD26 colour alignment problem?

JonP81

Ex Member
Reaction score
Only received it today, and noticed a weird problem, if you get any image thats a plain colour ie all red, then you get about 4/5mm of ghosting to the right hand side.

Ive found this with the Red, Green and the Blue. but it doesnt happen on mixed colours like brown etc (or its alot harder to see).

I noticed that i couldnt see it on a Progressive picture (gamecube) so i booted the same game without enabling Pro Scan and i get ghost images, but it looks mint when it is enabled.

Any idea's if theres anything in the service menu? i would rather sort it than get a replacement, as the geometry is very good.

ta

Can anyone confirm wether this is normal or not please? As i spoke to Toshiba today and they said it is normal.

And that its normal that i get some ghosting (4/5mm) if i set the tv to progressive mode instead of Natural/active etc.

But they also said that the tv wasnt designed to work with NTSC consoles, which is a bit weird considering that it only does NTSC Progressive Scan..

thanks
Jon

I have the 32ZT29B which has this problem.

I have light patches on the left and right sides.

Mostly seen on the reds / yellows.

I emailed toshiba explaining the issues i had with TV and they basically said if you feel you have problems with the set, speak to your retailer. Which is fair enough. But, they DID recognise it as an issue.

I can live with mine as you can only see them on the bright red screens. From any source.

According to some posts on here, the patches go eventually. Personally, I'm not convinced.

The service menu gives you the ability to alter basic geometric, brightness and the separate colours. R, G and B.

I imagine the designer menu is of more use, but I haven't been able to source any information on it. As in, what the 300 or so settings do.

Other than the light patches on the left and right and the naff geometry from the factory (how do they get out of the warehouse door!?!?!) my TV is fine. Picture quality still beats it many other TV's hands down.

So, to answer your question, if you're not happy with the TV, get a replacement. But, remember- you may get a worse TV as a replacement. As many people on this forum have witnessed. That's the chance you take.

If you want the service menu, do a search on this forum for it. There are plenty of threads which contain the details you require.

Regards

CooLix

Thanks for the reply CooLix, the dark patches i can live with, although this one has a dark patch in the middle aswell doh.

Ive been through the service menu, but theres nothing in there to realign the RGB guns.

Ive decided to ring the guys i brought it off and see what they say, as i went to see another today, and there was no ghosting at all, and seeing 2 of each arrow in Waverace wasnt much fun :(

ta
Jon

Xzi,

It sounds as though you have some sort of convergence error. I experienced problems with two ZDs due to bad convergence, needless to say, they both went back.

My convergence problem was most noticeable with white text; each letter would have a red outline. It seems the red gun was out of alignment with the blue and green.

If you are really not happy with it, then send it back.

I hope this is of some help.

bibooo

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom