1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36"

Discussion in 'TVs' started by transwest, Dec 11, 2003.

1. transwest

transwest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi All,
    I'm 99.9% ready to buy a Toshiba 36ZP38 package. I am in West Cornwall & invite comments on quality of supplier / price match / overall service to get this package to me down here.
    Tried JL but it looks as if they don't stock this model (have dropped them a message)
    I would also appreciate your comments on a better set for the same cost, if poss.
    thanks in advance
    Omega

2. Cadire

Cadire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    You could do worse than get it from Comet .

Delivery is free, though I have no idea if the price (£1375) is competitive or not.

I had mine sitting in my living room about 5 days after I ordered it from Comet.

Oh, and make sure you have a burly friend to help lift it onto it's stand :cool:

3. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    JL are low on supplies. They stock though. You can go on a wating list, although you would not get it before Christmas. This would ensure you get the free DVD330E promo running til 24th Dec.

Do not expect this tube to go on sale at JL. Only damaged stock and end of lines for them in the sale. So it will be back to original price minus DVD player.

4. transwest

transwest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Cadire:
    Thanks. I will never shop at COMET again. The prices might be o.k, but with the last 5 items that I have bought from them,,,, the so called 'Back-up' or Customer service leaves a lot to be desied. I have written to the both the Comet HeadOffice & their EX parent company Kingfisher (& again to KESA)

Topmba:
    Thanks,,, I dropped JL a line earlier. They said that they can't Price Match & didn't even bother quoting !

Thank you both for your help
    Transwest

5. chris l.

chris l.

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    transwest

Costco in Oldham are doing the 36zp38 for £1299 inc 3 years warranty, just in case there are any near you.

Regards,

Chris

6. dej23

dej23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    I phoned my local JL branch (watford), and asked them to price match it with Panther electronics. They have agreed to price match the Tosh for £1321.99 and the salesman who took my order also said I'll recieve a free dvd player and a free video Player. They have taken my details and placed mye on the waiting list as they do not have any in stock.

7. transwest

transwest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    dejul: thanks friend.
    Do you have a number for them please ? Other people on this forum have come up with some good comments about JL,,, I've never dealt with them before,,, but wanted to give 'em a try. I was surprised by their reply to my request,,,
    thanks to you all

8. dej23

dej23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
  9. bones`

bones`

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    After much deliberation I finally decided on a 36" Tosh 36zp38 more for looks and the fact I can put gear under it. Paid £1100 (After much haggling) from Digital Electronics in Cheetham hill Manchester. I'll look up the number if you are interested but I doubt you would get one for the same price over the phone. Having said that the price started at £1195 so still not a bad deal. :)