Tosh 36 Strata DD Model - Seems to do DTS too!!!

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Matthew Attoe, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi,

This may be old news here but I got my Strata today which replaces my fault ridden 36 Philips Pixel+.

Very happy with the tosh so far - only thing I can see wrong is the darker sides - but they are so much "less dark" than the philips that i don't care :).

While i was setting uo the tv with my Ultimate DVD platinum disk I went to the digital surround demos and selected a dts demo by mistake. But it worke through the tv.

I got out my R1 shrek and tried this too and selected the dts track. This also played fine. I'm using a sony 900, which displayed dts on the front panel display and also in the display menu on screen.

Didn't realise this set did dts as well as dd5.1 - bonus!!!
    Only thing is the dts seems to be quaite a bit quiter than the DD track. is this normal?

Cheers,

Matthew

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No, quite the opposite actually as DTS tracks are noticeably louder. I would assume therefore, that your TV is actually downconverting the DTS signal to standard Pro-Logic. You should be able to determine this quite easily though as the effects channels won't sound anywhere near as good as they would via DD 5.1.