1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 36 - Speaker stands

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by mspiteri, Jun 8, 2001.

1. mspiteri

mspiteri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    According to the Toshiba web site, the new Tosh 36 incher has speaker stands available as accessories. Does anyone have any idea where I can get these from, as I need them for my rear speakers?

Thanks
    Mark

2. plb

plb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark, nice to see another thread starting ref this set, the other is getting very long.
    Have you tried Toshiba on 01276 62222 regarding the stands?
    By the way have you had any problems with your set like colour staining and transformer buzz?
    See comments in other thread.
    Are you happy with picture quality?
    I have one of these set's on order and need to settle my nerves.

3. mspiteri

mspiteri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did not call Tosh actually, although I had just located the number on their site. I suspect it might be the only avenue as nobody seems to stock bits and bobs like that.

I got my set yesterday and had it going all evening. I'm not a TV picture quality buff but even just with broadcast sources I like it very much. I've seen the posts re jaggy lines etc, which I have noticed on some channels but not others ... so I suspect it's all down to source quality. I have not noticed any buzz, and if there is it's too low to bother me.

In short I'm happy.

Mark

4. mspiteri

mspiteri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, and I definately did not see any colour staining as far as what I understand that to be.

Only niggling bother I have is that "NATURAL" seems very stable, whereas I can see flicker with "100Hz". Wierd, I thought it was supposed to be the other way round. I'm very sensitive to flicker ... I can tell when a PC monitor is at any refresh rate less than 85Hz.

Mark

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed that about the 100 compared with the "natural". But what does "natural" mean anyway? Do you have any advice about the other settings? Thanks

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Firstagent01 ]

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mark, any Toshiba approved supplier can get these stands for you, if they tell you different there cant be much profit in it for them because if Toshiba have them then they can get them usually within a few days.

Interesting point you make about 100 hz, I too prefer the natural setting and can see a bit of flicker with normal 100 hz setting, I am glad you too have a good picture I was starting to think everyone else was going to have problems with theirs.

Regards
    Barrie

7. dave harmes

dave harmes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got some rear stands for my 40wh08b telly that I have stuck in the loft as I don't need them. I think they are called PROSTAND 2 (I think). You are welcome to them if they serve your purpose (it'll free some loft space for other rubbish!)

8. mspiteri

mspiteri
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sam1001, thanks for the offer. On Saturday I did a tour of the hi-fi shops in Cambridge and got a dinky pair that seem to be doing the job.

Then wired in a new SD210 and watched Gladiator. Gorgeous picture via component video.

M

9. killakrust

killakrust
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also have a ZP48 on order (the 32" version)

After looking around for ages online for a good deal on the Toshiba Prostand 3, I came across them at Unbeatable.

http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/CatalogueItem_20687.html

This is by far the cheapest I have seen so far (even with the obscene delivery charges that double for each item).

They do not currently appear to be in stock, but I'm happy to wait. Hope this helps. :smashin:

10. Rushy

Rushy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I ordered them from unbeatable, took just less than 2 weeks to get them. Very good too :D

11. tregoni

tregoni
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also got them from unbeatable - arrived 3 days later.
    However, they are again advertised on unbeatable but they are now £19.99 plus £7.99p&p - £3 more than I paid 1 week ago - but by far still the cheapest I have seen.

12. jools363

jools363

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  13. andrew.g.scott

andrew.g.scott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does the speaker cable go up inside the Prostand 3 and doesn't dangle down from the speaker? None of the pictures I've seen show any cables at all far less only coming from the base.

Do they "take" Toshiba's SS-V19 and SS-V20 speakers? I think I read something that the stands are only of use with speakers that have holes for hooks, which the SS-V19, at least, has.

14. salthepal

salthepal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yesterday JL delivered my 36" Tosh and although I'm not yet fully connected (managed to connect digibox and DVD HDD recorder), the picture is stunning. Are the accompanying speakers any good?

15. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Prostands. The wires from the speaker will pass neatly down the inside of the stands and emerge at the bottom. I cannot 'speak' for fitting other speakers to this stand other than the ones which come with the TV itself. Regards, yt.

16. ZoJay

ZoJay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just received my 36ZP48 - very pleased with the picture and sound. DVD output through component leads is stunning.

I got some Alphason AD-100 stands to go with it, but I can't fit the bases into the spaces I have beside the TV. The bases on the Alphasons are 27cm deep x 25cm wide.

Can someone who has some Toshiba ProStands give me the dimensions of the base plate please? They look to be smaller than the Alphasons in the pictures I've seen.

Thanks
    Jay

17. MidnightOwl

MidnightOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Not sure about specifications. But if anyone has good recommendations where to get them from please post here (as some of the above mentioned prices seem to have ended). PS: Currently waiting from JL to get back to me with a quote.

18. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I think Unbeatable.co.uk sell the prostands at a reasonable price or you can get them direct from toshiba.co.uk at a higher price.

19. andrew.g.scott

andrew.g.scott
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A search on Google returned a number of sources when I searched a few weeks ago. I bought a set off ebay so I didn't use any of them though.

20. MidnightOwl

MidnightOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi All,
    Thanks for the above :smashin: Quick update, JL are going to order them in, from the supplier, for the princely sum of £21. Given that unbeatable are selling them @ £19.99 (plus 7.99 delivery) the JL price does not look too bad. :thumbsup:

I'll keep you posted.
    M

21. shaun c

shaun c

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wish i had seen thread just order a set at cost of £29.99 to be delivered this thursday with my new 36zp48 tv was £869 from tv and video direct i thought i was saving on postage getting them delivered
    together

22. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, for what its worth I bought two pairs from Unbeatable and they only charged for one set of p&p - they offered, I didn't even have to ask. Regards, yt.

23. mauricewt

mauricewt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Can not find these stands anywhere for sale. Checked tosh website and everything.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?!??!

24. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, why not email/phone Toshiba and ask where they are currently stocked? I asked them a similar question when I wanted to buy my telly - they gave me a list of 2/3 shops in my area stocking the telly - perhaps they can do the same for you with your stands ? Regards, yt.

25. MidnightOwl

MidnightOwl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi,

Got mine from JL. They dont stock them, but they can get them in. Paid £21 with free delivery. :thumbsup: Ring them up and give them the details.

M :cool: