1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 340 and Superbit dvds?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by weyland-yutani, Apr 2, 2005.

1. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    Has anyone else experienced problems with these dvds and this model? I have a R2 superbit of blackhawk down and my unit keeps freezing every 5 or so seconds when i play it.

2. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    The dvd drives fitted to these models are pretty awful in my opinion. Superbit dvds have high bitrates and therefore are at the high end of expectation when it comes to data transfer speed. It sounds like your drive is failing to keep up. As it sounds like it effects superbit dvds more than normal dvds it would suggest your drive is running a little slow and simply can't provide data fast enough. I had a Toshiba 330 and thats probably the last Toshiba I'll ever have. The drive was total pants in mine and many other people have reported similar problems. Why not get something like a Pioneer 575 as they seem to not have the drive issues of the Toshibas. I know the picture quality of Toshibas is good but personally I'd rather have a slightly worse picture with a dvd player that plays a film from beginning to end without glitches, freezes or other crap.

3. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    actualy, come to think of it, it's not just superbits that have glitches, pops and stutters. damn toshiba:(