1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 330 vs Pioneer 626

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jasper_mccrea, Jul 11, 2003.

1. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Well, I was getting a projector (AE100, of course) and my (now very old) pioneer 626 didn't have component outputs, so I thought "new DVD player". The bargain £80 tosh was my choice. I was sure it'd have a better picture, even without the component output.

I wasn't right. The s-video picture of the 626 is slightly better than the 330.People are also reporting s-video as giving a better picture than interlaced component on the AE100 since it has crappy internals. Bugger.

The tosh was nice though, because I didn't have to mess about changing the region no., and it was smaller and prettier.

Ah well, anyone wanna buy a 330. 2 days old?

Jasper

2. Jpfahy

Jpfahy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it the multi-region Amazon variety, and if so how much??

3. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Iwas sort of kidding. I'll get some component leads, try it out, and if that's no good, then I'll sell it.

Jasper

4. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Tried component outs using crappy phono leads, and there's a big improvement. I think I'll be keeping it after all. Now to find some half decent component cables at a sensible price.

Jasp