1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32ZP48 questions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dpluxor, Jan 27, 2005.

1. dpluxor

dpluxor
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm new to this group as I only just got me telly yesterday. So far very please but do have a couple of initial questions.

My setup is this ...

VCR-Out Scart on Sky Digital to EXT2 on Philips DVDR80 recorder
    TV-Out Scart on Sky Digital to EXT1 on TV
    Component Out of DVD Recorder to Component In on TV

If I want to watch a DVD or watch something I recorded, I have to manually go to EXT4 on the TV to get to the Comp Video picture, I take it there is no short cut to this, before when I turned on the DVD it used to turn the TV over for me but I assume this is part of a scart cables control mechanism and is not possible through component. Also, when I got to EXT4 the picture is always 4:3 which is really annoying, can I stop the TV altering the aspect ratio when I go this connection ?

If I then want to watch sky I used to be able to press TV & Sky on the remote and it would switch to EXT1 for me, it still does do this if I am watching a terrestrial channel on the TV but it wont do it if I am viewing EXT4, anyone know why ?

Also, a question about the actual recorder (Philips DVDR80), if it is on standby and I turn it on, it always comes onto BBC1 regardless of what you were last on. We nearly always record from Sky on EXT2 so I would like it to switch on onto EXT2. If anyone has this recorder they will know what a pain it is to change the channel on it (pressing MONITOR button and all that rubbish)

Thanks

David

2. red16v

red16v

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi, I can only give you some help with the ext 4 'problem' - as you have already summised it is component in and there is no method of 'signalling' the tv to switch to ext 4 - this is 'normal' for this model. I have my ZP48 selected to widescreen permanently and therefore it always stays in widescreen no matter what source (Ext) I select - I have a Freeview box which does the 4:3/16:9 aspect switching internally, connected to Ext1. Like you I have my component DVD connected to Ext4. Regards, yt.

3. Ch3tan

Ch3tan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    My TV switches to the picture mode that it is receiving. The option is automatic format in the menu. Sounds like your DVD is set to 4:3 or 4:3 letterbox. Set your DVD player to 16:9 from it's menu, and then see if it still happens.

4. topmba

topmba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Only SCART can change the viewing source automatically - it uses one of the 21-pins.

As for the Auto format on the TV it is easely fooled by a white screen. Eg in Lord of the Rings it gets out of WIDE to 4:3 and again. Plus it does note recognise 14:9, as in Sky Travel or UK History.