1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32ZP46 - £99

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Neiliboy, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Neiliboy

Neiliboy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Not surprisingly out of stock! I was just gonna take half a dozen :)

They seem to be clearing stocks of CRT units in stores... recently having upto 45% off display models.

A Curry's had a 32ZP48 on display for £299!

3. Kalos Geros

Kalos Geros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Are you guys saying that this is suggesting that CRTs are a bye-bye and that Plasma and LCD are very soon going to drop in price to replace CRT as general video viewing...heh...

4. per-Sony-fied

per-Sony-fied

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    As with other products from the Dixons/Curry's group they are phasing out stocks in preference for more modern technology. VCR was the 1st product to get announced and now CRT is rapidly falling off their shelfs. I'm sure some are just end of line stock but manufacturers are producing less and less. Unlikely to see any top flight CRT's from manufacturers next season, I.E. those with component i/p's and/or progressive capability with pixel technology.

I've a feeling will cater for the lower end of the market with just 1 or 2 models higher up the ladder to include IDTV and a couple of RGB scart connection.

LCD is now becoming in a very strong position with it's advantage over pricing from Plasma and it's versatile connectivity. You also get a screen size that it says on the tin!

Another year or 2 a good 32" LCD I am expecting will be making an entry around £5/600 and that will be bigger than a CRT equivalent with all connectivity needed. HDTV is on the horizon and LCD is geared up for it.
    Whether 1 likes this *advancement* is neither here nor there it looks like here to stay just like digital tv.

5. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    interested in this thread, then i saw the word 'dixons'
    dont even get me started.................

6. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I managed to order one later even though it had previously stated it was out of stock when I entered my postcode. Worth a second try.

7. markhiscock

markhiscock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currys in Salisbury have a 36ZP46 going for 599 at the moment. It's an ex display model with sticker marks and grubby finger prints and damaged stand. However, if that doens't put you off, give them a ring!

I spoke with a dixons employee who said that the 36ZP46 and 32ZP46 models are on clearance and that there were none available in the south :( I've ordered a 32ZP48 from digitaldirect. I hope they don't come down drastically in price any time soon!

8. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    a company in great yarmouth do a brand new 36zp48 for £670, i bought a 32zp48 from them for just £549, the best thing about it is that its not a customer return/damaged goods/grade b that currys are trying to flog you off with. ex-display my arse!

9. Dillz

Dillz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes it is a mis-price, I ordered one on Saturday but had it cancelled today.

I also noticed on ebay that someone is selling links to this TV on Dixons website for £20 :rolleyes:

Funny though that on completed items for one of these auctions one person actually paid £40 for two links to the same website :rotfl:

10. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I paid £595 for mine, brand new in a Toshiba sealed tape box from totaldigital.biz :D

11. tHatDudeUK

tHatDudeUK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Apparently it is not a mis price. Just impossible to find stock anywhere as it was a clearance. Mine hasn't been cancelled yet but will probably be tomorrow. Some unhappy people if they paid £20 for a link lol.

I personally would BIN on the lot and leave the seller with the ebay fees to pay and leave my account to risk deletion lol.

12. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
  13. J D

J D
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking at buying one of these Tosh's but can't find the 32zp46 anywhere :( Does anyone know any other similar 32"'~ Crts with a slim frame as with these models?

14. markhiscock

markhiscock
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was also hunting for the 32ZP46 (as I have a surround sound receiver) however, I couldn't and bit the bullet and bought a 32ZP48 (which can be found through google). Contacting the cheapest supplier of these models they said they're receiving the last batch of these TV's today. I think they're going out of stock too so hurry!

15. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9