1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32ZP38B Advice on screen tilt required

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by boabw, Jul 10, 2004.

1. boabw

boabw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,

I bought a 32ZP38B last week from Sound And Vision Online, there service was excellent, the TV arrived within the quoted 7 day delivery promise and there customer service was excellent.

Before I contact them about my possible issues I wanted to find out the expereince of other 32zp38 owners.

I have noticed that my pictures are not entirely vertically straight, an edge of a wall for example seems to lean to left by a few millimetres from bottom to top of the screen. I have adjusted contrast, brightness etc but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. Another example as this one is a little bizarre, I activated BBCi text service on channel 507 on my digibox and it brings up the red banner down the right hand of the screen, now to the eye it defintely slopes by a few mm, I would say somewhere between 3 and 5. Now I have measured the distance from side of set to edge of banner and the top of bottom of the screen and the size matches up, therefore I am wondering if it is some kind of optical illustion I am witnessing.

My old Sony set had a screen tilt function which I used effectively but I see Tosh only included this on the 36" set, I am left wondering why that is?

Also my pictures from Sky on quite a few channels show a lot of digital artificats while on my old Sony Widescreen 50hz set pictures where fine when digibox behaves itself. Would I be better with higher quality scarts, the ones I am using are cheapo's, what you folks advise.

I am wondering now if it was wise dumping my 5 year old Sony set, I might beg my brother to give me it back. :lease:

Hope you can offer advice.

Thanks

2. PeteB

PeteB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think you can adjust the geometry in the service menu - but be careful if you try this yourself - do a search of this forum for PF2 service menu. I've got a feeling you can only adjust the horizontals, but I might be wrong - I would phone up and ask them to send a engineer, and ask them to fix it or for a new one if it's that far out

Pictures from Sky - try adjusting the settings - I'm using these at the minute but this is on the 36 in model & each tube varies so adjust yourself - skin tones are good ones to work on

My settings at the minute (mostly by eye - contrast 46, brightness 53, colour 47, tint -3, sharpness -12 Scan Mode Natural DNR off, Black Strech Off).

3. boabw

boabw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks PeteB, I will give those settings a try.

4. boabw

boabw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have carried out a search of this form and cannot find any info on how to access the so called Service Menu on my Tosh 32Zp38B, can anyone help me out here please.

5. PeteB

PeteB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0