1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TOSH 32ZP38 Geometry Issues / Service Support

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by boabw, Aug 7, 2004.

1. boabw

boabw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Without naming names I'm having terrible trouble with an online retailer trying to get my Tosh 32ZP38 replaced/fixed. In regards to the sticky I ain't naming the retailer.

When my set was delivered I noticed that the picture slanted vertically from right to left from the top of the screen. I contacted the reatiler and they had an authorised Tosh Tech with me 2 days later. Engineer messed with what ever setting he could find and conceded defeat by taking it to the workshop. Three days later the set was ready for returning, on checking the set when I got home I noticed that the vertically slant had been more or less corrected but the rest of the picture now seemed to bend out to the left on the vertical axis and also is not horizontally straight. The set also has some cosmetic damage which I am not happy about. My dad did not spot any of this when the set was ret'd to the house.

I contacted the company concerned and with regards to the damage stated I would have to call their auth. repairer to look at the damage as it had nothing to so with them, I was appalled at this statement. They said they would get another engineer out but I stated that I wanted the set reaplced as I don't think any amount of tinkering will get me a decent picture. They have flatly refused to replace the set, despite only being 4 weeks old.

I contacted Toshiba to be told that they don't deal with the guarantees for the TV and it should go thru the retailer concerned, they suggested I contact Trading Standards. I was stunned by this response.

Getting thru to the customer support line is extremely difficult, on various occasions the supervisor has said he will call back, he never does. Today I waited for over an hour in the queue to get thru but didn't, decided to leave voice mail but mail box is full.

My main reason for telling you all this is I want to find out if you think I am pursuing the correct course of action in that I want a replacement set or should they be given an opportunity to fix the geometry and correct the damage they have done. I know others have been successful in getting replacements but I don't seem to be having any luck.

Any thoughts.

Thanks

2. DRGL

DRGL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've just returned my third Sony TV as it lasted 2 months before requiring repair,your first mistake was accepting ANY repair,i wouldn't accept a repair on a TV that is less than 6 months old(like mine,especially as the RRP is £2K!),once you accept repair it makes it much harder returning goods.If the retailer in question has a retail outlet i would return the set to there with a list of faults/complaints and tell them you are rejecting the goods and request a refund.Send a copy to their head office too,you will be suprised how easy it is IF you stick by your guns and DON'T back down! Good luck ;)