1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32ZP18P colour staining

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by sc00by, Sep 30, 2001.

1. sc00by

sc00by

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just recently had my TV delivered and am v happy with it.<br />However I've now noticed some colour staining and wonder if anyone else has this.

On a white background:<br /> Right hand side of the screen shows a reddish/orange vertical stripe about 2 inches wide.

Left hand side of the screen shows a blueish veritcal stripe again about 2 inches wide.

On a black background:<br /> Seems to have a slight grey vertical line in the middle of the screen and either side is a different grey hue.

I've seen these colour stains before due to magnetic interference and wonder if the TV has a degaussing facility.

Can anyone else give this a go I know its difficult to get a completely dark screen or one with a white background but it would be usefull to know if its a common problem.

Other than this ... I love this set.

Ta

Dave

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The tv degauses when you turn it off/on.

However, the things you see don't sound quite right and i doubt it will be fixed with a degause

3. se_warner

se_warner
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received my 32" version of this set and have similar purity problems. I get a bluish tint on the lhs and other smearing in the middle. I ran the video essentials DVD and it looks pretty awful. I wll get an engineer out when I have time.

One thing that have noticed is that the picture appears grainy via an aerial. The set was a replacement for a panny pg30 which had the shaddowy problems. On that tv the aerial pictures were superb, if I froze the picture you didn't see any graininess. Could this be connected with the purity problem or is this something else?

Thanks<br />Steve

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Steve

I don't think you're going to get a good picture via the Ariel. It's something that's been mentioned from the very first post that I started way back when. The picture's superb through a digital feed but not through the tuner. Mine's watchable on all channels other than 5 but no where near as good as via NTL.

[ 01-10-2001: Message edited by: OG ]</p>