Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Tosh. 32ZP18 horizontal flicker

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by floppy, Jun 7, 2003.

1. floppy

floppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All...
    I've had this lovely 'Picture frame' Toshiba TV for a couple of months and have noticed something which is really beginning to annoy me. When the end credits of a program crawl across the screen (right to left) they are really blurry and juddery. On closer inspection, the picture itself (tv programme & DVD) also shows signs of slight judder on the horizontal. I've looked at the User settings in the 'menu' option and can't find any way of stoppng this. Is this the case on all these TV's? I have looked at the Sony flat screen and that doesn;t have a problem so i know it cant be blamed on flat screen TVs in general.

Any help appreciated.
    Floppy
    :confused:

2. rich tee

rich tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello Floppy

eye 2 have a tosh 32zp18q, on the menu section perform a search on' toshiba 32zp18q', and you'll get loads of advice.

Brace yourself though, you'll read about all sorts of problems people have had with the sets.
    Personally my only gripe is a sort of dirty screen effect in the top right and left corners of the screen.
    BBC1 looked awful through sky but I kinda eased this with a quality scart lead and using AV1 and connecting my PS2 by component video leads.
    Hope this helps.
    rich tee.

3. Pauleylad

Pauleylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Credits going across the screen are flickery on virtually all 100hz tv sets floppy. Not just the zp18.

4. floppy

floppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh Right.

Is there anyway to stop this. I have tried de-selecting the 100hz and going back to other option (i think its 50hz) but that doesnt make any difference). Also, would this be eliminated if i had digital TV signals (Sky or Cable digital as opposed to Analogue cable)?

5. Pauleylad

Pauleylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The other option isn't 50hz. Its "natural" which is just a variation of 100hz.
    You will get used to it mate:)

6. floppy

floppy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies PauleyLad. Was going to have a good moan at Toshiba but after what you've said, it probably wouldn't do any good. Its a shame really cos that is the only problem that i've had with this TV.

Thanks again
    Floppy