tosh 32zd26p screen sloping

fargo jerry

Novice Member
Help.

Just put my new tosh together (great tv, very happy). I have noticed the boarder at the top and bottom is out (slopes down slightly). There is nothing on the menu to adjust. Can anyone advise if there is a menu (engineers) I can access and how or if this is something I should live with or it common on widescreens.

Cheers

Yugo

S

staffspeted

Mine does the same slightly from left to right. But the one I have is going back due to :-

Buzzing
Colour disfiguration after degaussing
Picture flickers when using component video in NTSC
Dirty screen effect
Hazy poor picture quality

Maybe I got a duff one or expected too much but the picture was better on my old Toshiba 2835DB surround TV!

Will see what the replacement is like!

S

staffspeted

Further to my post having just come off the phone arranging my replacement , I'd like to ask - How good should the picture on these sets be?
Is there a benchmark to ascertain whether you have a below par one or not?
I expected perfect digital picture quality and was somewhat disappointed!

talizker

I had two of these. Major geometry probs on the second but the following were identical on both:

-Buzzing [grrrrr]
-Picture flickers when using [prog scan only] component video in NTSC [really bad on US Cube - noticable on some DVD's]
-Sky Digital [RGB] pics dissapointing...
-Built in Tuner pics very dissapointing...
-Good RGB/S-Video/Component pics form Games Console...

My 5 year old 28" Panasonic had a better picture... Not planning on buying another CRT TV....

S

staffspeted

Just want to to bump this thread as info still required.Cheers Pete

Spoonman2

Hey Staff`, you said you had a "dirty screen affect" m8. Is it anything like i`ve have troubles with, and is why i`m getting a new set on wednesday??
Please look in: Tosh 32zd26p, ok for centre on top?
Is in this part of the forum m8.

Many thanks,

Spoony.