1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh 32zd26p query - re:prog scan

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by baseborn, Aug 26, 2002.

1. baseborn

baseborn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right - i think i've decided on this TV and the 962a dvd player (w/ pal prog. scan from Hivizone) combination....

But, something has just occurred to me.....(being a bit of an AV imbecile)

Can the Tosh TV handle Pal prog scan??

Cheers

Base

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have contacted Toshiba UK about it. I asked them if the 28ZD26 will accept NTSC and as well as PAL progressive scan from a suitable DVD player. I quote their reply:
    "The 28ZD26P will accept progressive scan from a suitable DVD through the component inputs"
    When I asked them specifically about PAL progressive ( and mentioned that I knew it was not technically legal yet), they said they knew nothing about PAL progresive scan.

BUT I have a feeling that it does accept PAL progressive as well...nly way to tell is for someone who has such a DVD to test it and let us all know!!

4. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I own a Tosh 36ZD29.. Basically a Tosh Strata with DD 5.1, DVB blah blah and it doesn't support PAL progressive scan. I own a Philips Q50 modded for multi-region, NTSC and PAL progressive scan. I've thrown in my R1 LOTR and it works fine but if I put in my R2 T2 DVD... I get a blue screen from my progressive outputs. On my interlaced outputs the image is fine.

I'll do a further test once I'm able to run it on a plasma TV but I can say that it doesn't work on the Stratas....

5. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A local shop I know told me that they tested it with PAL progressive and it didn't work.

Also only review I have seen also said it was NTSC only!!

I am also looking for a PAL and NTSC prog scan TV!!!

Dave

6. gmt steve

gmt steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Apparently a new 32" model from Panasonic will display NTSC and PAL progressive.
    Sorry I can't remember the model number, but it was given a brief review in the current What Hi-FI.
    No mention of a 36" though.

7. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its been documented already in depth but if you want an NTSC and PAL prog.scan TV then opt for a Loewe TV. Theres a massive thread all about it on the forums so just run a search...

Or you could just go for a plasma ^_^