1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32zd09b

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by digital, Jan 11, 2002.

1. digital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Anybody got any opinions on the tosh 32zd09b? I'm after a 32inch widescreen with component and RGB-scart to go with Sony dvp-ns900 DVD and Pioneer 859RDS receiver. Any idea's? I've read conflicting reports on this tosh telly and others and it's all a bit worrying. Happy owners please reassure me! Is the picture **** or not? Please don't suggest the 32zd18p, it's UGLY.
    Max price £1200:confused:
  2. Ron240

Jan 3, 2002
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Kirkcaldy (but i'm not a Fifer)
    I bought a 32ZDO9B in December from http://www.unbeatable.co.uk/ they are selling it now for £1117.49 including delivery.I decided on it for its looks,good reviews and handy 3 shelf cabinet,it had everything i wanted in one package.I considered the 32ZP18P but i personally didnt like the look of it or the open cabinet. Overall i am pleased with it,the picture(after you turn down the factory settings) and sound is very good particularly if you connect optional external front speakers. One thing i have found to my slight annoyance though, is that if you connect 2 different digital audio inputs at the same time,the coaxial will override the optical,although this wont affect you if you are running it through an AV receiver.Have you considered a Nicam only model to save money?
    I read on this site that the screens on the "Picture Frame" Toshiba's were darker in the centre so i had a close look at mine and it is there also,but to be honest i only really notice it when viewing black screens on PS2 games.Its not that bad and doesnt put me off at all,in fact if i hadnt read about it on this site than i would not have noticed it.
    At the end of the day everybody is different,and with so much choice out there it is down to your personal preferences,but it is undeniably a good tv and i am happy with mine.