1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh 32z17b probs

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by dn38416, Jul 8, 2001.

1. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this may be normal but im unsure so some help would be great.on my new tosh 32z17b when i switch to av1 for dvd there still seems to be some audio from the tv reception faintly leeking through the tv speakers. is this normal its only noticeable when up close and when on the dvd loading screen as there is no sound at all.any opinions please.

can anyone suggest there prefered settings for contrast,colour etc on tosh 50hz sets
    thank you

2. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I had one of these TVs briefly (it went back due to poor geometry unfortunately). I did not have the problem you mentioned, although I was using a high quality fully shielded scart lead, so if yours is a cheapo lead then try replacing it.

As for picture settings, I left everything at the default setting except for contrast, which I set at about 60% as the default was far too high. Also try the middle of the 3 preset settings, as I found that good for DVDs.

3. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought this model (32z17b)and am having geometary problems to i think.Its very noticeable on NTSC sources kind of like a finger print on the left and right sides of the screen (is this fanning) its not as bad with pal but Im sure its still there.I think I should probly return it as I only got it on the 6/7/01 but this is all new to me so Im not sure if its a faulty tv or what .Would be interested in other owners of this set on opinions surrounding its performance as its a fairly new model.

4. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HI Beddie read on another link that you got your 32z17b from QED.I to received mine from QED and since I am also having similar problems I am considering sending it back.Since you stated you returned this set(32z17b)i would be interested in hearing about how QED were on returning this tv.As this is the first time ive considered returning something ive bought over the internet I only received the tv on 6/7/01 so i should not incounter any problems hopefully.

5. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, I just replied to your other thread!

They sent an engineer out intially. He was very good, but he could not get the geometry right, no matter what he did. I got him to say that on his report.

I then got onto QED and they offered a refund or replacement. They were fine about it. When you phone up ask to be put through to Customer Services, as the ones who answer the phone are sales staff and don't deal with problems.

6. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Burnsy - Geometry on my TV was out both vertically and horizontally. This meant that if you look at any "straight" lines on screen they were bent. All TVs have some problems, none are perfect, but mine was really bad.

The three sockets you mention ARE the component inputs. A DVD player with component out would have three sockets with the same labelling. If you use component on the Tosh you cannot use Scart 3 as well, but they are separate sockets.

and finally, digital TV is quantity over quality, so if you want better picture quality you need to talk to Mr. Murdoch... :p

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought a 32z17b from QED. What geometry probs are you talking about?

Also, I am a bit confused about all of this RGB/NTSC/component input stuff. I have my digital TV into scart 1, video into scart 2 and DVD into scart 3. what is component as it seems to be using the same scart socket? What are the other three 'analogue' style sockets? Yb/Yr or something. What does my DVD need to be able to be compliant with this?

Can anyone recommend settings/scart setup for this TV?

Also, does anyone else have probs with digital telly? I mean does it look 'pixelated' and 'blocky'? If so, what does this mean? How do I get this remedied? Is there a website I can go to? Does anyone know if you can get digital telly'chipped' to recieve all channels? help.

[ 11-07-2001: Message edited by: BURNSY ]