1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32Z17B opinions

Discussion in 'TVs' started by DPS, Jun 18, 2001.

1. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any opinions on this tv as im considering it,its in my budget,i cannot find any reviews as i think its a newish model.
    Any thoughts welcome.

2. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havnt bought it yet as im not sure.The fact that its pro-logic is putting me off as id prefer a basic nicam set.Im pretty sure toshiba are bringing a nicam version out next month the 32z13b i think.
    The cheapest ive seen the 32z17b for is £771 at qed-uk.com so im still very tempted i think its free delievery too.

3. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Correction toshiba 32z13b is at unbeatable now but only has 2 scarts.Now im not sure at all what to get it is cheaper though.

4. midknight1

midknight1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi dps,

I saw the toshiba 32z17b tonight in currys and I was quite impressed with it personally but the missus was'nt she liked the PHILIPS 32PW6515 which gave a great picture but has dolby surround sound price at unbeatable £740 ......what do think good set? read som reviews which were quite favourable... so I'm still out trying decided which 32" widescreen nicam tv to get any suggestions

also had a look at this TV
    LG WE-32Q10IP nice crisp picture i though

5. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was originally interested in the LG 101 flatron set to go with my excellent LG3350e dvd player but was put of by average reviews so i decided against. That was around 4 months ago and i still cannot decide on a 32 inch tv ITS TURNING INTO A NIGHTMARE.After I eventually get my tv I still have to decide on a receiver and speakers so this nightmare is set to continue.
    Dont know about the phillips set its about the only brand i havnt checked out.Dont know if i want to add a nother possible brand to my all ready growing list of possible purchases.
    Good luck in deciding Mid knight 1 because it aint easy.

6. midknight1

midknight1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yer I know dps it's a big headache ....but i'm going to perserve on the TV front ....lets us know what you decide to get on the amp front I've narrowed it down too 2 amps the SONY SDRBD940 and the DENON AVR3801....apparently the sony rocks for the price good value for money etc etc but i heard there's a slight hissing at low frequencies so looks like a trip down to richer sounds for me....might be worth you taking a look ....just thought i'd mention it

7. midknight1

midknight1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi mate,

I was thinking of getting this set as well ... going to local comet to see it action ....have you purchased it yet?

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mate, I have ordered the TV you talk of from unbeatable.co.uk (£764 + 27.50 deliv). I have seen it in shops before I bought it. From what I know it is a fantastic TV with excellent picture. I am notbothered about the pro-logic as I have the sony sdrbd940 and speakers so I can get dolby dig. The only reason Igot the pro-logic TV was that it was simply the best package for that price even when I only wanted screen:
    widescreen
    flatscreen
    component video in
    3 scart
    open cabinet.
    For me, there are not many nicam TV's which come near to this - I really need the 3 scarts. If you can get away with 2, there may be some hitachi TVs slightly cheaper then, but from what I know, toshiba are more trusted.

Glad to help. I hope it is good also cos it hasn't arrived yet.

9. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Let us know what you think of your new 32z17b when it arrives
    and what the delivery service was like.

10. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

11. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

12. dn38416

dn38416

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

13. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I got one of these about 3 weeks ago from QED. Excellent picture quality from both Sky via RGB and DVD via SVideo. Analogue not so great but my reception is poor anyway.

However the stand is a bit flimsy and arrived damaged.

I am also having geometry problems which an engineer has been unable to rectify, so I am looking to get a replacement. I hope yours is better in this area.

Overall though excellent picture and good solid build quality. :)

14. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Techtronics are selling the 32Z17B for £720, free delivery too, a bargain or what.Looks like ive finally found my new tv.

15. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    doooooooooooohhhhhh! thats before VAT

16. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, ordered TV on Friday from qed-uk.com, and it has arrived at the local Miller Brothers today - I am picking it up at lunchtime. I just hope it fits into my Fiat Punto!! I will tell all tomorrow - I think it will have to be Crouching Tiger tonight.

The only thing I am confused about is the scart sockets:

1) Is scart better than s-video? If so, by how much and is it noticable. Only reason being is that if s-video is equally as good, I can run everyting through my Sony A/V amp (via s-video), and have only one s-video lead to the TV (from the 'monitor out' s-video output).

2) If I use scart, how much better will expensive scart (i.e. gold connectors) be than the bog standard ones they give you with digital and videos etc.

3) When it comes to scarting. Are the scart sockets different? What is the difference between RGB and other scart? Which should I use for:
    - DVD
    - Video
    - Digibox

4) Has anyone else noticed sometimes when watching digital telly (I have NTL) the picture looks very 'pixelated' when fast moving objects are on screen. Like sort of 'blocky' or 'computerised'? Why is this? I have noticed this on portable TV size, 24" and 28", and don't really want this to occur on my 32" as it is something that has really started to bug me. The bloke who fitted my digital said it was to do with too much signal, but the signal was perfectly calibrated for my house, but after he had gone and I started watching TV, exactly the same thing occured.

Please help.

17. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also, when and what with, would I use component video input?
    Can anyone recommend a good video as well. Obviously I don't want to spend too much seeing as all I will be using it for is to watch my Star Wars videos until they come out on DVD