1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 32WL48 - Where to buy from?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by Denonstrate, Nov 8, 2004.

Tags:
  1. Denonstrate

Denonstrate
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great threads so far :clap: - I'm going for one. QED-uk.com have this the cheapest with buyyourav and Unbeatable not far behind. Has anyone any recommendations on those three. QED have 3 week lead time which is not problem and they are the cheapest.

2. Skiny

Skiny
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    QED have terrible customer service. If I were you, I'd pay a bit more and go with buyyourav.

3. Denonstrate

Denonstrate
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Skiny, I've had recommendations for buyyourav I'm going for them.

4. andya

andya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    yes i just ordered a sony amp of them superp service i would recommend them very high on my list

5. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    try unbeatable ok they have pushed their price up but damn they are brillaint! they will get stock and are excellent if u ask nicely to the women when they are getting stock and how many they on predorder no bull all good!

6. Elsie Dee

Elsie Dee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I get my 32WL48 tomorrow from QED. I'm satisfied so far. Not as quick as unbeatable and I don't like the way they take payment as you order. They wouldn't confirm that I would be allocated a set from this delivery until today, which could have been awkward if I had to give notice to take time off work. I suppose this avoids them making commitments they can't honour if they don't get as many units as they had expected.

However, there is a positive side. They are still the cheapest (which is always important to me) and offer free delivery. They are also quite near to us so if I have to return I should be able to save the return delivery charge. I'll post what I think of their customer service once I've got the TV and I will certainly mention any problems. If I get no problems I will be more than satisfied. If I like the TV I may even buy another from them.

Regards.

7. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Nice to hear that I wish i was more patient and maybe i would have saved bucks with QED! :( but oh well still happy lol. Please tell me if you could check out the pc input and if u get the picture in the middle.

8. Denonstrate

Denonstrate
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    decided to take plunge with Buyyourav.....although they had none in stock I was on the list and they said it would be a week. Another thread mentions along wait ahead so I called to check. They have 18 outstanding orders with Toshiba and today received 12. I am not at the top and with the six others awaiting delivery, now they cannot say when! It’s like which queue at the check-in desk do I join? I was thinking of cancelling but I would be paying more and could be in a worse position aaaaarrrrrggghhhhh!

9. alfie786

alfie786
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    u do have to be patient u are likely to get the set before december. Qed was off putting this is why i never ordered with them too. Elsie dee was apatient and chilled out guy, we are like " we want it now" lol. I think whereever u order now just have to hold unbeatable or buyurav seem that get their stock just toshiba who need to sort out their output.

10. ginger

ginger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just managed to scrape into the lucky 12 at buyyourav. I had problems ordering online initially, where I got a confirmation but when I phoned buyyourav a few days later they had no record of it. Since then been dealing on the phone and had no problems with them. They were very cautious about commitments - on Tuesday I was told that all they could guarantee was pre xmas and when I spoke to them today, I was told it is now in stock and available for delivery on Monday. People at the other end of the phone were always nice to deal with.

I'd recommend the occasional phone call just to make sure they know your keen and keep in the next batch.

I received an AV stand from Unbeatable today and must admit that I've been very impressed by them. You get an order tracking number from them that links to the courier after dispatch so that you know exactly what's going on even after it's left their warehouse. They also called me just to let me know that my order had been received and my credit card check was OK. Will definitely use them again.

11. Elsie Dee

Elsie Dee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alfie786,
    The 32wl48 arrived yesterday from QED and I'm very pleased with it. I have tried the PC input as requested and can tell you that it sits perfectly in the centre of the screen. The image is clear and fills the full height of the screen. Of course, there are the black bands on either side but this isn't a problem for me.

Hope this helps.

Elsie.