Tosh 32wl48 messed around!!!

The Tonester

Standard Member
Reaction score
Where the hell can I get one????

I've had one on order with Digital Direct for two weeks now. Which isn't so bad but, Firstly they told me a week for delivery but were kinda flipant about it. So I half expected what is happening now.
Now (only after I rang them) they tell me 4 - 6 weeks from today for delivery as "there is a problem with the supplier."

So I Rang my local John Lewis (who previously had attemted to "kinda" price match Digital direct by knocking £150 off the price - which was extremely tempting) and at present they have none in stock either.

John Lewis said they are "expecting some soon." but have no firm date. However all the John Lewis sets are pre-ordered and so god knows when they will get any others.

So at present it looks like I'll be getting an easter egg before I get my telly.

Gutted.

Anywhere (reputable) got them in stock at the mo???

please help before the wife insists I go out and buy one of those enormous sliver plastic crt things instead.

The Tonester.

thanks

but electrical discount are exoecting 10 at the end of march and all are sold already...bugger.

what is the web address of "sound and vision" I can't seem to find it in google.

Just rang Toshiba UK and they tell me that the "48" is gonna be replaced in the summer by the "56".

After all this deliberating over which LCD to get they now bloody tell me it's gonna be upgraded! Talk about throwing a spanner in teh works!

The guy couldn't tell me much about it as they ain't had a full release yet and hence he didn't know himself. Sounded like a kinda facelift version of the 48 though. He only mentioned that is also a 32" and has hmdi and 2 RGB scarts.

So far I've Tried electrical discount online - buyyourav - empire direct - John Lewis - tv and video direct and of course digital direct and all are out of stock/sold out on next delivery.

Can't get one anywhere. Guy at toshiba suggested I wait a couple of months and just plump for the 56 as they have real problems with demand on the 48 at the mo......doh! obviously.

God I just wanna bloody telly!

Hi,
I've been looking for this set as well. I've also been told that a 37" is on the way but when I spoke to the guy at Toshiba he didn't know anything about it. I think that all the '56' is is a facelifted set (he thought it may correct the poor HDMI input noise :hiya: ), go to the Toshiba - Japan site for a look, all the models are there. I'm not sure what to do now if the 56 is on the way? Let us know how you get on

I've still had no luck whatsoever in locating a Tosh yet. Must have rang well over ten companies and Tosh themsleves and it's the same old story. Plenty of places "awaiting stock" and willing to take my money tho with no firm idea of when they can deliver.

Seems to me I've just go to sit it out and wait now. Hopefully It won't be too long or It might well be worth waiting for the 56.

Been looking at the Phillips 32pf9976 tho as an alternative. I'm now Getting tempted out of impatience.

Forget the 56, theres no such thing but there is a range change in the spring...

The Tonester said:
I've still had no luck whatsoever in locating a Tosh yet. Must have rang well over ten companies and Tosh themsleves and it's the same old story. Plenty of places "awaiting stock" and willing to take my money tho with no firm idea of when they can deliver.

Seems to me I've just go to sit it out and wait now. Hopefully It won't be too long or It might well be worth waiting for the 56.

Been looking at the Phillips 32pf9976 tho as an alternative. I'm now Getting tempted out of impatience.

John Lewis in Kingston have at least one. Ive seen it.

I spoke to Toshiba yesterday. The 32wl56 is out in late April/May. It will have a contrast of 800:1. They told me it only had 2 scarts and has HDMI, but I'm still waiting for the spec from them (The uk office doesn't have it yet). They are also releasing a 37wl56.

I currently have got a 32wl48 on order, and am considering cancelling to wait for the 32wl56. My main concern is the complaints I've seen about the quality of the HDMI input.

Compared my mates new Tosh 48 back to back with my Sharp GA4.
On RGB on the same source the Tosh was slightly better with less artifacts and better skin tones. But on component and DVI the Sharp was in a different league. Much Sharper and less grain on the GA4.

Plus on the Tosh you can't have different picture settings for each source (a Sharp feature)

My mate isn't too happy and is contemplating returning for a Sharp.

The magazines are raving about the Tosh's at the moment. I don't know why !

By the way I recommended the Tosh to my mate due to the shortages of GA4/3's...............feeling guilty.

Had a pioneer 868 connected via QED HDMI cable to my tosh for around 3 months now and apart from a couple of older DVD’s i.e. Roby Roy and Highlander I have not seen any graininess on any of the discs in my collection.

I had the 32WL48 on order from TV&Video Direct with an expected delivery date of w/c 21 February. Come that time I phoned to ask what was happening and was told Toshiba could no longer promise a date. However, I should get one out of the next substantial batch they receive.

Phoned Toshiba next. They say they have been overwhelmed by demand for the 32WL48. Supplies are coming in but not fast enough. They gave me the numbers for February and I think it was close to 200. There is a back order for 600 in the UK.

I asked about the 56 and they said no decision had been made as to whether it would be released in this country or not. They hadn't seen the literature but thought the differences were mainly cosmetic.

I also asked about reported problems with the HDMI input. They have heard of individual cases (they read this list from time to time. Hi there, Tosh! :hiya: ) but haven't identified it as an issue. Well, they would say that wouldn't they!!

Let's hope if there is an issue it is fixed. Perhaps that's why supplies are so slow? Perhaps they've had to implement a fix or up their quality control? Perhaps there is no issue except with inputs from certain sources? Just speculation, you understand. I think we will hear more about this one way or the other in time.

Good marks for TV & Video Direct and Toshiba who were at least willing to talk openly about delivery problems.

been looking at the phillips 9986 again at the weekend....soooooo tempted to just pay the extra but my heart (and my wallet) is telling me to sit tight for the Tosh.

It's gonna be a long wait!

I swear if I wait for another 4 weeks and get the same old supply issue story I'm gonna spend my LCD pennies on a AK and pay Digital Direct a vist.

Well I cancelled my 32wl48 order. Waiting to find out the spec of the 32wl56 out in April. The product launch is in 2 weeks, so info should be available then.
I'm hoping it has some of the features in included in the Japanese models.

Built in USB support with picture browsing.
Firewire
Built in Networking. Allows Playback and recording of video to a network drive
Built in Internet Browsing (hi def. no blurry Internet). supports a USB keyboard
Built in email client.

and lots more........

oh and its a great TV to.

Might be wishful thinking to get these featue over here.
http://www.unmediated.org/archives/2004/09/toshiba_meta_br.php

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom