1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh 32 ws has lost it's red!!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by GavinBrowne, Aug 31, 2002.

1. GavinBrowne

GavinBrowne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    My Toshiba 32" widescreen has developed a fault where the red component of the picture totally disappears. I have had a tv guy look at it and he says the CRT red gun is most likely knackered and he doesn't recommend having the tube replaced as it will cost a fortune. (I didn't take out an extended warranty)

The red comes back now and then but it looks like it is on the way out.

I am not too pleased after paying £1500 for it just over 3 years ago, I expected to get a little more use out of it before it failed like this.

Does anyone have any experience of this type of fault? Is it possible that it is not the tube or should I just give up on it and buy another TV (not a bl**dy Toshiba).

If I am going to buy another tv I have been advised buy the guy who looked at mine to go for a Sanyo as they are very reliable in his experience.

I don't need an all singing and dancing set this time as I am about 6 weeks away from having my barco 708 installed by Roland in the other room.

Any advice or experiences would be welcome.