Tosh 32 picture and sound stall

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Zasu Pitts, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Zasu Pitts

Zasu Pitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I transfer VHS to HDD and divide into chapters. I then burn to DVD-R. While viewing the burned disc it will stall right before each new chapter. The picture freezes for about 2 seconds. The Tosh displays T-Menu when this occurs. The only way to get a smooth disc is to divide maually while burning VHS TO DVD-R. I have it in GOP. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Zasu

2. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All the GOP mode does is slit the chapters on a boarder.

Unfortunatley each chapter is mark in the DVD structure as a layer break and what you get is a layer break transision hnce the slight pause.

I'm not completely conviced that this is your problem as it should only pause for less than a second then continue, same as when it reaches the layer break on a comercial DVD.

If it displays T-Menu it look like if is playing Titles and each of your "Chapters" are in fact "Titles" and you disc is playing all titles after each other. (This is selected durring DVD creation or DVD finalisation)

3. Zasu Pitts

Zasu Pitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot. You're right. This manual is killing me. Maybe I should go back and read the entire thing. Just not enough time. Zasu

4. Zasu Pitts

Zasu Pitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. I'm still having the same problem. Has anyone copied to HDD and then burned to disc without having the picture freeze and getting T-Menu display. I divide into chapters and they even say Chap 1, Chap. 2 etc. When I drop them down to create a DVD-R thay become titles. Help! Zasu

5. jdarushall

jdarushall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    See the other thread with this question

Tosh: RD-XS32 Recording onto HDD then copying to DVD Disc?

In short create a playlist.

6. Zasu Pitts

Zasu Pitts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bless You, Bless You!! Now I can start editing all the video taken of my 2 children and 3 grandchildren. :clap: