1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 30WL46

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by conz, Dec 8, 2004.

1. conz

conz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I got my replacement screen from currys after returning the faulty one to unbeatable.co.uk (interestingly, unbeatable now have an open box set available at a slight discount... beware)

Everything is brilliant. However, throughout the whole buying experience I have been reading up on all the technology out there. Am I right in saying the Toshiba 30WL46 cant handle HDTV through the DVI port? And so does this mean I cant attach the Denon 1910 DVD as I'd hoped to?

But apart from that, I'm very happy with it.

Con

2. PhilB1234

PhilB1234

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sadly, Toshiba supply the set non-HDCP enabled so if your player outputs it's image as DVI+HDCP then you won't be able to use that method. If it doesn't use HDCP you can use it and get good results. My new set looks great with a 1280x768p/50Hz signal over DVI without HDCP.
    This also means we won't be able to use the sets for HDTV despite Toshiba advertising that it is compatible.

I've asked Toshiba's helpdesk about how they can get around this (e.g. 'enable' HDCP?) but am waiting to hear back.....

3. JonStatt

JonStatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +446
    Strictly speaking the set IS HD compatible. The definition of HD television does not mandate the use of HDCP. This is by choice of the broadcaster. I agree that as it is already well known that Sky and HD-DVDs will use this copy protection, it is unforgivable not to provide HDCP on this set. However, beware that Toshiba my suggest this argument as a response to your concern.