1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 28ZD06 or Sony 28FX65?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Beaky, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Beaky

Beaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes another newbie but someones got to be.

Been browsing and searching the forum FIRST to get opinions on these two but still can't decide which one, so I'm here for a bit of advice.

I've been to Co*et and seen both but as usual they only have RF feeds to them and are not very helpful about showing off how good the picture can be (apart from the more expensive ones). Both pictures looked fine, perhaps the Sony was a little sharper.

I've searched the posts and seen good and bad about the Sony but not much about the Toshiba. Is this because not many people have the tosh 28ZD06 or is it just crap?
    Can't find any reviews on the Tosh either.

This will be my first widescreen so will it matter too much which one I go for?

The tosh is obviously cheaper but will I be disapointed with it and wish I bought the Sony?

OR

Buy the Sony still be unhappy and wish I'd spent less money on the Toshiba?

Don't you just love these dilemmas!

I thought about a Panasonic but it appears more people are unhappy with these than most other makes. Are there other 28" ers that people recommend?

Not too bothered about the sound as I intend, eventually, to hook everything up to an amp.

All advice greatfully received.

Cheers,

2. Beaky

Beaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!

Hasn't anybody got a reply to this?

3. Damian1978

Damian1978

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +266
    For the love of god don't buy the Tosh!

I had one on rental for a month then changed it for the Panasonic 28PL10.

The 100 hz processing is so obvious, geometry terrible and the picture rather course and grainy.

I would have got the Sony but it was more than £11 a month more to rent and I had already waited 5 weeks and it still never arrived!

Hope this helps.

BTW the Sony is'nt perfect but What Video give it a glorious review.

Damian:p

4. Beaky

Beaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Damian.

Now I at least have someones opinion on the tosh.

I realise that no TV is perfect, I just want to try and minimise the problems I have.

I guess mostly it's just luck as to whether you get a good one or not.

5. Beaky

Beaky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Opted for the Sony.

Ordered it from Electrical Discount UK at £859.99 inc 3 year warranty plus £9.95 fro delivery.

Will let you know how I get on with it.

Maybe I should change my homepage to this forum :)

There is a tweak guide so at least I know I can play around with some of the service settings.

BFN

6. bigH007

bigH007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wise choice, I have got the Sony model you are referring to for the last 5 months and I am glad that I made the correct decision. Although no TV is perfect I have had not serious problems with it.

The one I have at the moment is that I notice a very small stain at the bottom left of the screen. So I have spent some time deguassing the TV which has helped in removing it.

H.

7. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Is this the anti tosh club! I have a 32ZD model, and have had no problems with it whatsover, in fact im absolutely delirous with its pic quality, esp on dvd playback. My prior tele was 4:3 tosh, which has given me 9 yrars trouble free service.

Not sure about fx sony models, but my dvd playback is definately better then my fathers sony fq model, not by much though.