1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 28Z07B speakers

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rathion, Dec 11, 2001.

1. Rathion

Rathion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My parents just got one of these and it has two external speakers I presume the best way to set these up would be to use them as rears but the layout of my parents lounge makes this an unfeasible option :(

I was wondering if it was ok to just use them as additional/replacement fronts??

I was going to hook them up and see but I was pushed for time and the external speaker connections on the rear of the Tosh don't (as far as I could see) say which are meant for rears and which are meant for fronts :(

What I mean is there are four speaker connections clearly marked + and - and R and L but NOT marked F or R!!

Anyone got one of these or got any tips to help me get the best sound from it bearing in mind the speakers will have to be positioned near the TV.

Also didn't have much time to check out all the surround sound modes/options if anyone can point me in the right direction here it will be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    If you look closer, you will see that there are 8 spring clips in total. The top 4 are marked 'main'; ie for the front. The 4 below are for your surrounds.

This information was taken from Toshiba's latest brochure.

3. Rathion

Rathion
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Simon I wont find out for sure till this weekend when I'm back to their house again but I'm happy to take your word for it.
    Thanks again :)