Tosh 28Z07B off-air display quality

P

PaulE

Hi

I just bought a Tosh 28Z07B to go with my SD210E. The component video connection is fine and DVDs look great.

Generally picture quality via the aerial is fine during most TV broadcasts but I have noticed that on some very bright adverts (e.g. bright reds on white backgrounds) the reds break up with black "dashes" in the solid red areas. Messing with the colour, brightness and contrast doesn't seem to make a lot of difference to this effect.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything that can be dones about it?

I'd be really grateful for any help - it's not that I love watching adverts, I just want to make sure I don't have a broken TV!

Thanks -PaulE

Interesting! I have a new 32ZP18P and I think I get what you describe here but I thought it was more in the gold/yellow collours!! For example, the title sequence to the 10pm news on BBC - can clearly see black "spikes" or dashes whatever you want to call them (short horizontal black lines that appear for a split second) in the gold/yellow background.

I also think I see this in a lot of the England football press conferences on BBC1 as well (lots of whites in the picture). Also, all light colours seem to glow so for instance a light blue sky in the background appears almost white! Quality from tuner is not great either (slightly better via SCART from my VCR).

I'm getting a new set delivered on Saturday so I'll let you know if it is any different - I've got other problems with my set like flickery backgrounds (especially noticeable via DVD but is on all sources, and is apparently a fault on all Toshiba TVs - some people don't seem to notice it - to me its so distracting!), strange scan modes from certain DVDs (American Pie - can be fixed by going into menu and changing scan mode), slightly humming speakers during high contrast scenes.

We have an old Panasonic 17" 4:3 TV in the kids room which I was watching this evening and noticed the same distortion on bright reds on a white background during some kind of washing powder ad (I really don't spend all day watching adverts.....) so I don't think it is a "problem" with the Tosh telly. I do wonder if it has something to do with the 4-way signal booster we have in the loft......I don't remember noticing this "noise" when we only had one telly point and no booster. Anyone got any experience of this?

Thanks for the post - hope your new set sorts it out. I haven't noticed any flickery background on DVD (yet...).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom