1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 26WL46B Newbie Questions

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Andy_W, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Andy_W

Andy_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please excuse my ignorance but I am new to this...
    I have just bought a Toshiba 26WL46B for £800 from Powerhouse. First impressions are good but I have a few questions...

It sounds like there is a fan running when it is on. Is this background noise normal?

What are the best settings for the picture? What is the best input to use to judge it with? How do you check for failed pixels.

Any other comments you think would be useful would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks.

2. hornetrider

hornetrider
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this set (also from Powerhouse) and basically I'm gonna ebay it soon, frankly. Its a lovely PQ but as you say, the fan noise is too intrusive for me, and can be heard at low/moderate volume levels.

I have tried adjusting the picture to alleviate this if poss (ie backlight, black stretch, brightness, contrast etc) to no avail.

Will probably be going back to a CRT as my first impressions of LCD are not favourable :-(

Don't want to take the risk of getting another set which suffers from the same fundamental problem

/flame suit on

3. Andy_W

Andy_W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I must admit I'm not as enthused as I thought I would be. I have just had an extension built and it has to go, in a corner, between a patio door and a window. The size is perfect and I couldn't fit a CRT in the same space without it sticking right out into the room. I think I will be pleased with it once I get all my cables and the stand sorted out.

Thanks

Andrew