Tosh 220E + Svcd/vcd on DVDR

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by poggs, Oct 3, 2002.

1. poggs

poggs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok then,

My Tosh 220E is fatally flawed with SVCD/vcd on DVDR.

What I mean is, I can convert vcd/svcd files so as to become dvd compatible, therefor fitting lots more on the dvd.

I used the guides on ww.vcdhelp.com to do it.

So I got a DVDR with 6 SVCD episodes of Roswell converted and burnt onto DVDR. This DVD plays flawlessly on my bedroom pacific 1002 cheapo and my pals dansai & wharfi M5. However on the tosh the video is split. ie the right half of the screen wraps around to the left! meaning the centre of the picture is 1 inch from the right side of the screen.

Anyone heard of a cure for this? My firmware is 1.4

I had heard that the firmware fix to 1.5 was for "vcd issues" anybody got any info?

cheers

2. Jon Weaver

Jon Weaver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
    Ratings:
    +717
    Toshibas have a lot of problems playing DVD-Rs generally (certainly the 210 and 510 anyway).

The most common software used to write DVD Videos is Nero and I have found that Nero disks don't play on a Toshiba (or the new Pioneer 454 model)

The good news is that, RecordNOW 4.1 and Gear 6.02 makes Toshiba friendly disks.

However, your problem isn't a DVD Video issue, but an SVCD on DVD-R, so this might not apply in your case.

I hope this helps in some way.