Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

tosh 220 poor pic.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by adi-boy, Oct 14, 2002.

1. adi-boy

adi-boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive just bought the much aclaimed tosh dvd,and connected it via a QED scart to my rgb input on my telly.problem comes with bright images,i get horizontal bleed lines which worsen with more contrast.if i bring the contrast down it appairs to dark before i can get rid of these lines, can anyone help
    also i think its got component out on the dvd,can i go from this to scart connection?

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Make sure you have TV and DVD player set to RGB.

Component to scart can't be done.

EDIT:

Sorry for the quick answer, missus brought a take away home. :D

Other things you can try is trying the S-Video connection, you may have to connect to AV2 for this, depends on your TV, check the instructions first.

Have you any other equipment connected to the player, or have you connected the player to any other equipment, (looped) This could be a Sky digi box or games consol?

3. adi-boy

adi-boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bob,both tv and dvd are set to rgb.ive tryed s-vid but seems to be only black and white.when i change dvd to video signal the contrast lines go but the picture isnt as good.im taking the dvd back to richer sounds tomorrow ,ill let you know how i get on.:(

4. adi-boy

adi-boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ive come to the conclusion that it is a compatability problem.since ive been given a replacement by richer sounds and the picture problem is more or less the same with this new tosh dvd.ill live with it until i change my telly,so beware when mating a samsunung plano with a tosh 220 dvd.:( :confused: