1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 220 output RGB via Scart, is it possible ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Ian Roberts, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Ian Roberts

Ian Roberts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Tosh DVD & am trying to output in RGB via Scart. I have a fully wired SCART and have set the DVD output to RGB & the input is RGB compliant. I get a darker screen with thick vertical shadows in the form of bars moving from left to right. Any ideas ?

2. lespaton

lespaton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    "Is it possible ?".....yes it is. Works for me, Tosh 220 via IXOS scart into Phillips 32PW9617. Picture is terrific. Sorry, I have no idea why it does not work for you.

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What make and model TV is it? Not a Sony by any chance?

DaveP

4. Ian Roberts

Ian Roberts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The TV is a Philips 28pw5407c, works great in S-video.

5. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Works fine for me on a Panasonic PG30. Are you sure the socket you are using on the TV is RGB/S-video and not just S-video. You could try using a differn't socket on the TV providing its got any more. It could be worth trying.

Have you tried using say a digital sky/cable box on the same TV scart socket and setting them to RGB just to test the socket. I ask because even it if the scart socket is supposed to be RGB it could have a fault, on my first widescreen the socket worked fine in S-video and composite but went green when I tried using RGB and it turned out to be faulty TV scart.