tosh 220 multiregion vs sony ps2 how much better is tosh

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by kbfern, Nov 21, 2002.

1. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,985
    I am currently running a ps2(multi-region via region x disc) for dvd and occasional gaming in the living room.The ps2 is hooked up via optical to my Denon 3802/Sony kv32fx60/Tivo/Atlantic Technology 250.1 speaker system.

I have 3 other dvd players round the house. 1 on my pc set to region 2, 1 on laptop set region 1 and in the bedroom a tosh 3108 purely region 1 (purchased while living in US a 3 yrs ago).

My question is how much better would a tosh 220 be over the ps2 for dvd/cd replay. I assume it would be much quieter than the noisy ps2, would I see any other improvements. I could then relegate the ps2 to the bedroom for gaming+multiregion dvd use.

With the 220 on offer for £120 region free it would seem a good buy.

Thanks for help

Keith Fern

2. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IMHO The Tosh will be far better than the PS2.

My Friend uses his PS2 for DVD playback, and I am not impressed with either the picture or the sound.

You can get the Tosh Multi Region for £119 from Amazon, or get Richer Sounds to price beat and get it for £109.