1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 220, anyone got the screensaver working?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by mandlebrot, Dec 3, 2002.

1. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quicky, I've just bought a multi-region Tosh 220 but for some reason the screensaver dosen't seem to work. Has anyone else got this working and if yes how long before it activates?

2. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    my screensaver works, check that you have it set to "on" on the dvd player and also make sure that you are displaying a picture and not just a blue screen, it takes about 5 mins to come on. mine displays that toshiba startup screen. I've only seen it a few times though in the 3 months i've had my player.

Gary

3. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have it set to on, so far have tried it whilst displaying the DVD startup screen, whilst pausing a VCD, whilst playing Audio CD's and whilst pausing DVD. No matter what I'm doing it dosen't seem to come on.

Is your player the multi-region and if yes what rom revision is it? Mine is 1.5

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    yes its 1.5, i can assure you itt does work - honest. when i get chance i'll look at my settings and post them - it will be sometime tomorrow.

Gary

5. smack

smack
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem with my multi region toshiba 330, the screen saver is set for on, but no joy, any body know what to do? also what is the PBC function on the setup menu for? and also the priority content function photo or audio what difference is there?

6. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow I'd forgotton all about that post, never did get it solved, although for some strange reason it works whilst using the component outs instead of the scart, weird! Sorry I can't help with your probs/?'s but I'm sure someone will be along soon.