1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tosh 210e or LG4950

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by damtom1, Jan 15, 2002.

1. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i,M TORN BETWWEN TWO PLAYERS..THE TOSHIBA 210E AND THE LG 4950...HELP!!...I WOULD WELCOME ANY FEEDBACK OR VIEWS ON THESE TWO(OR MAYBE AND ALTERNATIVE!)

2. rjcowan

rjcowan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Had the tosh 210e(region2) then swapped it for the lg4950(multiregion).
    Then took it back got my money back and bought a tosh210e(multi-region)

Tosh 210 e

Picture quality is far superior

Toshiba disc playing is noisy and annoying especially on quiet bits on a film. (Recommend to squash balls cut in half and placed underneath player - sound is much better)

coaxial socket is on the right(meant my dvd player could reach the amp with my coaxial cable)

LG

Found the sound to be slightly better with the Lg. Surprising but the vocals were very clear and crisp.

Picture Quality is poor. very poor. very noticeable. try them side by side or with the same dvd and u cant miss the difference.

LG disk tray and when playing is silent. very quiet.

coaxial socket is on the left

And as they say the choice is yours. I still feel that toshiba is a better player for the long term and if you are re-selling which one do you think will get the most money.?

Toshiba 210e won for me. I have a toshiba 28" Widscreen Tv and kef 2005's to surround me

3. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like you've been reading What HI-Fi. I'm no expert but the Yamaha S520 is pretty good.

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +859
    No contest.

The Toshiba 210E has excellent picture & sound quality, good cd playback as well. The drive isn´t that noisy on mine either.

Go for the Tosh!

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also got the Tosh and if you've got a TV with component inputs then there really is no contest. The picture from the Tosh to my Tosh RPTV using component inputs is absolutely fantastic. Don't know if the LG has component but if not and your TV does then get the SD210.

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    No brainer. 210.

7. thestorm

thestorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Well I was considering the LG as a "throw away" dvd player for backing dvds onto video. My cousin posted me a dvd movie of his wedding and I wanted to back it up for other relations onto VHS. That wasn't possile with the my Sony.
    All the LG's that I have seen have a switch at the back where one can switch the output of NTSC to PAL vice versa. It's a simple little gadget, shame my faithful Sony DVP-725D hasn't got one too.

Checkout Techronics for more info on other LG's.
    http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/510-summary-multi-region-dvd-players.html

But I beleive the Toshiba will be better quality overall.

A friend has an LG and loves it to bits!
    He can play any region,RCE, back up discs etc For less than £150

Cya,
    Shaz

8. damtom1

damtom1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CHEERS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS.
    i ,VE HAD THE TOSHIBA A WEEK NOW(richer sounds,multi reg.£199).ABSOLUTELY FINE,IT ISNT AS NOISY AS I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EITHER.BLINDING PCTURE AND SOUND,