Tosh 2109B with Armageddon problem...R2 RCE?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by miro, Dec 26, 2001.

1. miro

miro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just had Armageddon 2-Disc SpecEd R2 for Xmas. On my Techtronics modded 2109B (DIY fitting October 2000), the disc becomes stuck just before the menu. It repeatedly tries reading the same spot and cannot be stopped. Only pressing open/close tray can I stop it. Also continuously pressing STOP on loading will not halt the disc.

My Wharfedale M5 has no problems with the disc, but just before the menu, it has a very quick 'whizz' then the menu appears. It is at this point where the Tosh stalls.

Interestingly, the documentation states that the disc is region encoded to stop black market duplication. If this is for all English regions I don't know. But it sounds like RCE may coming to our shores too...

Has anyone had similar problems and is there a fix?

Happy New Year,

Miro.

2. miro

miro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here's an update for all those that are bothered.

Pressing STOP continuously when inserting the DVD works. Then hitting PLAY starts the film.

I don't have any RCE titles but workaround instructions for RCEs on Toshibas say to do the same operation, except I just hit PLAY. I may be wrong but this seriously sounds like a R2 RCE title. Watch out everyone.

Miro.

3. boogie man

boogie man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    RCE is only ON Region ONE DVD film far as i no , never seen A region two RCE

4. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,095
    Sounds more like a glitch on the disc. If it were RCE (and I doubt very much that it is) I'd expect it to either play OK, or display a warning screen.

5. miro

miro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may be a glitch, after the film has ended it returns to the menu
    immediately without further problems. The glitch only appears at
    the initial startup which leads me to conclude there is a DVD
    compatibility problem .

Thanks for the replies
    miro