Tosh 210 replacement?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bazel, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Bazel

Bazel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, I presently have the above Tosh that I am looking to replace (Tosh retiring to the bedroom).

I am looking for a multi region player (rce compatible) to put in my newly refurbished room , I feel persuaded to go for another Tosh at the moment purely on strength of PQ from the Tosh 210. It will be routed through my Yamaha 640 amp (arriving Monday 9/6) and by component connection to my Pioneer plasma 503hde.

Wondering if any Tosh owners can recommend which model to go for, and any comparison from former Tosh owners on PQ with their present players.

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +888
    Hi

I went from a Toshiba 210 to the SD900, which is an excellent player, good cd playback, NTSC Progressive Scan and DVD Audio.

Depending on budget it's also worth considering the SD520. I picked up one for my Dad and that is also an excellent player. For the money it's superb and it's performance is not that far behind the 900 either. It's also got NTSC Progressive scan so will suit your plasma. :) Last time I looked it was available for under 200 quid from www.leconcepts.com they also have the SD900 at 699 quid.

3. Dazza

Dazza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    As a former 210 owner i can heartily recommend the 330 Click here :smashin:

Obviously if you're looking to spend big bucks then the SD900, but for £99.99 from Amazon the 330 is an excellent piece of kit ;)

4. Bazel

Bazel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: Thanks for the replies guys, ordered a 520 from leconcepts, should be with me early next week.:D