1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tosh 110E vs 210E

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by matt janes, Feb 22, 2002.

1. matt janes

matt janes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me whether the 210E is better in terms of picture and sound quality compared to the 110E. I'm aware that it plays CDR etc over and above the 110E but as a regular DVD player, does it offer any improvements?

ta

2. mwhorley

mwhorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If anyone could also tell me the benefits over the SD100E i'd be very gratefull as well.

Regards,
    Mike.

3. paulclissold

paulclissold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    The 210e is nosier and the picture very,very slightly INferior to the 100e.

And yes, I have both.

4. mwhorley

mwhorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gosh - I'm surprised as was considering upgrade from a 100 to a 210. I may not bother after your feedback.

Is there any noticeable difference in Audio quality ?

Regards,
    Mike.

5. paulclissold

paulclissold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I'm glad you asked because sometimes one can be drawn in to buying the "latest" of that particular model and assume that there would be a noticeable improvement. That may well be true of some brands but on the Toshiba I can honestly say that when they made the 100e they set a standard for "budget" machines that has yet to be broken.

The 210e clearly has a smaller more "modern" footprint but it has lost slightly on build quality, a MINUTE fraction in picture quality and I can't discern any audio difference (they are both only adequete as CD players). The 210e does have component outputs though so obviously this is the way to go for people needing that.

I am a great fan of Toshiba believe me but,unless your 100e breaks down stick with it because there is nothing YET in the sub £250 area that touches it.

6. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I'm going to pich in my pennies worth here.I have played both machines side by side and can say that no dicsernable difference was noted.I found the transport to be no better or worse than the predecessor. I paid £150 for the SD 210e and i am more than happy with it's performance.Whether it is worth purchasing if you have no problems with the 110 is debatable though.

7. tosh

tosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How does the 100 in RGB compare with the 210 using component?

Cheers

8. paulclissold

paulclissold

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    I will have to pass on that as I was comparing like with like via RGB with both machines using a quality scart lead.

Neither of my two TV's have component and I would be interested to know what scale of difference a component output has to a RGB one via say a 32inch flatscreen, 50 or 100hz.

Its a bit like hi-fi seperates is'nt it? what discernable difference in say a £200 cd player and a £400 one?. Some would swear to notice a vast change,others very little if at all!!.