1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tos 32zd09b

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by jubbly, Jul 11, 2001.

1. jubbly

jubbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the above tv which has built in dolby digital and when i watch dvd's the sound is better than my last tv which was only pro logic.
    Would it sound a lot better if i used an external sub woofer or would it not make much difference? Or would i need to use external front speakers as well.
    I am on a limited budget as the tv cost a lot.

2. jubbly

jubbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone ?

3. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +937
    Adding a subwoofer will make quite a bit of difference. Ultimately your dictated by your budget.

To be honest i would get an AV amp or Reciever & speaker package ASAP as this will give you a lot better sound than just the TV.

I´m not sure what connections your tv has speaker-wise. If it has spring clips on the back for front left & right, centre etc you could go for the Mission 6 pack available for 300-400 quid or a set of Kef Crestas they´re excellent speakers & around 400´ish for the set (no sub though)

Best regards
    Jase

4. jubbly

jubbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just spent £1600 on the dd tv and although i am sure it would sound better with an amp and extra speakers i did not want to go down this route for various reasons, cost and the wife not letting me being the main two .
    So i am using the built in sub woofer which is supposed to come with this set although i can't actually see one on the tv and i just wanted to know if it would be worth changing to an external sub and keeping the other tv speakers or is it not worth just changing the sub without changing front,centre,etc.

Also does the sub only come into play with dolby digitals dvd's or does it work with pro logic as well?

ta
    jubbs

5. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think the sub is built into your cabinet as with my tosh dd tv. in IMO it is useless and a complete waste of time. It wasn't long before i went out and purchased an external sub woofer.

6. jubbly

jubbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    did you just replace the sub ?
    and does it sound a lot better ?

7. Mark P

Mark P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought the Mission FS2 AV package that consists of 5 satelite speakers and a sub woofer and a denon 2801 amp.
    it sounds 10 times better.

8. jubbly

jubbly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, but back to my original question which no one has actually answered yet is it worth just geeting a new sub rather than replacing all of the tv's internal speakers ?