Tory peer has denied the pandemic exists and blamed Chinese “fake videos” for fears about Covid-19

Sheffield online

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh dear, Helena Morrissey, a director at the Foreign Office, suggested the crisis has been exaggerated because people are not “dropping dead in the street”.

“The data shows we are NOT in a pandemic,” tweeted the peer, who was sent to the House of Lords by Boris Johnson last year.

“If people were dropping dead in the street we would notice & not go to M&S and have all those football matches.”

Baroness Morrissey then made claims about the role played by the Chinese Communist Party, adding: “CCP fake videos started this. It is ridiculous.”

I'd be amazed if Johnson did sack her, given that he's defended all the other dozy dobbers he has for Ministers.

I would not be surprised if he did not sack her or get her to resign simply because there is a demand he do it. He does seem very contrary.

It does make you wonder whether some independent mental health checks should be in place for MPs and almost certainly for the House of Lords :)

I wonder is she is part of Toby Young, Allison Pearson, Litteljohn crowd?

She should be sacked for stupidity. People don't just drop dead with COVID. It is a progressive illness. I doubt if someone is in the critical stage of a COVID infection they will be out walking in the street. The CCP stuff gives the game away as to what sources she gets her info from.

This is what happens when you try and keep your blood line pure blue by marrying close cousins.

But IMO like with most Tory dross, she will be thinking of her bank balance and the fact we plebs arent spending money or earning her money by daring to save our own lives rather than enriching hers.

If a home secretary can be found guilty of bullying and stay in post pretty much anything goes now dosent it?

She locked her twitter account, and lots of people are supporting her, not that that's anything to go by, twitter is full of deniers and anti maskers.

She probably got some kind of bonus as well. That's how it tends to work under the current regime.

Oh and a PPE contract no doubt.

We live in a post-consequence world.
It was the same in America under Trump, no matter how stupid, offensive or downright untrue whatever Trump and his henchmen said they would get away with it. In fact, I'd say it was a plus as some Republican 'commentators' fed off the kind of trolling which angered their critics.
Johnson seems to be of the same mold / mould. The likes of Toby Young and the TalkSport crowd enjoy feeding off the outrage of their political opponents. No matter how dim it makes them sound.
Priti Patel can bully, break the ministerial code, Johnson can lie with impunity and shag about, Gavin Williamson can be so inept that even his own side nickname him Frank Spencer, Matt Hancock can hand juicy PPE contracts out to friends to enrich themselves with. Nobody resigns. But when Dominic Cummings (who I've no liking for) calls Johnson's partner 'Princess Numbnuts' he's forced out of his job!
Johnson's just a dirty, lying incompetent asshole, who probably has ***stains on the crotch of his trousers. He's too frightened to sack his own ministers, because anyone remotely capable would show him up in a bad light.
The right wing press are just awful. They don't call him out on anything. I just wish Kier Starmer would use PMQs to savage the sleazy toerag and tell the country what they already know.

Well this is a TOTALLY unexpected turn of events

Good to see the Prime Minister has been quick to address it though;

Boris Johnson's official spokesman indicated the prime minister had not spoken to Morrissey about the claims, first reported by The Independent.”

But wait...look over there instead 👉

The spokesperson also refused to comment on whether Morrissey would be sacked, instead drawing attention towards the prime minister's record of taking the pandemic seriously.””

Zero accountability across the board.

Good to see the Prime Minister has been quick to address it though;

Boris Johnson's official spokesman indicated the prime minister had not spoken to Morrissey about the claims, first reported by The Independent.”

But wait...look over there instead 👉

The spokesperson also refused to comment on whether Morrissey would be sacked, instead drawing attention towards the prime minister's record of taking the pandemic seriously.””

Zero accountability across the board.

Wonder if there's a sly dig at the bouffant buffoon in that statement...

What a complete surprise.

If he took the pandemic seriously he would have had no hesitation in sacking her and removing the whip from her in the Lord's.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom