Torrents?? Downloading - Uploading

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeNolan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is correct forum. I was searching internet to see if certain music tracks were available on CD (not vailable under iTunes or Napster. The search brought up a site which had many of the tracks I was after. It simply instructed me to download the torrent and install a piece of software UTorrent??. Out of curiosity, I did this - I had no idea what the quality was going to be like. The programme seemed to indicate it would take best part of 13 hrs to download the songs so I left the PC to get on with it. Many hours later when I checked the progress, I noticed that not only was this programme downloading the files, but was also uploading files. My question is "Does nayone know what it was uploading?". Thanks

PS Have just listened to some of the tracks, and I have to say it was probably not worth the effort. Some tracks skip whilst others have been taken from very crackly vinyl records with no attempt to clean up.

its uploading the same tracks its downloading, as soon as its downloaded a piece it uploads to other users, legality of what youre doing is doubtful :lesson: so advise you not to use this forum for information as piracy is not accepted

Thanks for response. With the quality I should have guessed as much. I am deleting the files and the software as I don't trust anything like that.

Thread closed.

Emjel: Bit torrent can be used for legal purposes but unfortunately, as you found out, it is also utilised for piracy too.

Cheers
Moosh

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom