1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tornado subwoofer

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by moghm, Apr 19, 2005.

1. moghm

moghm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello there,

I was wondering if someone could help me

I have a JVC kd-g701. This has a subwoofer out. I dont want to go over the top with an ice install so I was thinking about buying a tornado 8inch subwoofer and fitting it in the parcel shelf without an enclosure. Does this mean its just a matter of running a cable from the subwoofer out from the stereo and connecting it to the subwoofer.

Also, do you think that the subwoofer might be too heavy for a Peugeot 206 parcel shelf ?

I am going for tornado, as I do hear that these are quite good products compared with their price.

Does anyone know if they have a website ?

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Firstly, forget the Tornado sub. They are not very good (i'm being kind here), i heard one fitted in a car bought by a mate and it was woefull.
    Secondly, the outputs on the rear of your JVC are low level outputs and as such they will not be capable of driving a subwoofer. You should run a cable to enable connection to an amplifier from these outputs- a standard phono connector will do the job.
    Thirdly, consider a subwoofer that is mounted in an enclosure rather than a free-air design as they don't really cut the mustard and i suspect you will be very underwhelmed by the performance if you do go down this route. Consider a better quality 10'' or 12'' sub, mounted in either a sealed or ported enclosure driven ny a suitable amplifier.