Torn Pec Major

RicksonGracie1972

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else had this type of injury?
I fear I have torn mine and have so far been prescribed anti-inflammatories, painkillers and R.I.C.E by my GP.
Just wondered if there was anything I could or should be doing to aid recovery.

BTW, it hurts like a b**ch

Never torn a Pec, but I used to have tendencies of tearing my Trapizius a few years ago. Was due to not doing enough back exercises to strengthen the area before lifting heavier weights above the head.

That hurt like a b**ch too and would lay me off and set me back for weeks.

Don't tend to do isolated exercises anymore since those days to mitigate the risk. I like to work multiple muscle groups at the same time nowadays and it seems to be working great with no injuries to report thus far...

Never torn a Pec, but I used to have tendencies of tearing my Trapizius a few years ago. Was due to not doing enough back exercises to strengthen the area before lifting heavier weights above the head.

That hurt like a b**ch too and would lay me off and set me back for weeks.

Don't tend to do isolated exercises anymore since those days to mitigate the risk. I like to work multiple muscle groups at the same time nowadays and it seems to be working great with no injuries to report thus far...
I've since had it confirmed that I did tear my Pec Major. I've had two physio session so far and am slowly starting to get some movement back in my right arm.
I have lost all my strength and can't even bench press my arm. It feels really weird to be that week all of a sudden but I don't know how to engage the muscle to get my arm to move up.

Its gonna be a long road and I'm already climbing the walls not being able to train properly.
I'm also making a conscious effort to reduce calories as I don't want to pile on the pounds.

I've since had it confirmed that I did tear my Pec Major. I've had two physio session so far and am slowly starting to get some movement back in my right arm.
I have lost all my strength and can't even bench press my arm. It feels really weird to be that week all of a sudden but I don't know how to engage the muscle to get my arm to move up.

Its gonna be a long road and I'm already climbing the walls not being able to train properly.
I'm also making a conscious effort to reduce calories as I don't want to pile on the pounds.

Feel for you man... Absolutely can't stand not being able to do my preferred course of exercise due to injury. Been there, seen it, and got the t-shirt!!

I know arm, chest and possibly upper back exercises are now out of the equation short term, but might be prudent to still keep on top of those other muscle groups unaffected by this injury so that when you do return after physio you're not entirely starting from scratch again (will also help with trying to keep the lb's off). Agree with the diet aspect, can be easier said than done though in the circumstances..

Good luck though Stu and keep us up to date on progress. Hope you're back up and running sooner rather than later.

I believe if it isn't severe that it can heal without surgery. Wishing you the best of luck!

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom