1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Torn Between Pioneer Vsxd814 And Yamaha Rx-v657t 7.1

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pur_desi, May 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. pur_desi

pur_desi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    HELLO ALL,

i am newbie to forum so please stand my mistakes...., i am TORN between which one to buy,,, pioneer VSX814s(about £200 empire direct) :rolleyes: OR yamaha RXV657t(around £300 pixmania),, my budget was no more than £280 but yamaha and pioneer both seems good contenders......i have spent past three days searching forum but still sitting duck...

EVERYONE in this forum seems pretty clued up about amps....so i have decided on your opinions... i wont be able to demo any one so all the help would be much appreciated

THANKS.... :thumbsup:

2. NEW50M

NEW50M

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently bought the Pioneer VSX-814 (last week) after much searching and research, setup was easy and i'm very impressed with it, learning remote is good, very happy. even the wife likes it (how it looks anyway)
    I have no experience of the Yamaha so can't comment on its performance, but I did consider both and went for the Pioneer and put the saved money towards my speakers.
    good luck.....

3. pur_desi

pur_desi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS.....NEW50M,,

I Stretched my budget and was able to get PIONEER VSX2014 FOR £ 450 NEW BOXED.....so am PLEASED :) and i have always liked pioneer for some reason....i will be purchasing a sub in few weeks from now.....due to stretch but thanks for OPINION... :thumbsup: