Torn between OLEDs

Pindi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm getting a refund on my Sony 75" XD9405 due to banding issues so I'm going to jump ship to OLED but it's come at an awkward time it seems due to the release of new TVs.

I'm either going for the 65" LG B7, 65" Sony A1 or the 65" LG C8 (if it's out in time) but don't know which to go for. The B7 is going for £2500, the A1 from between £3300 & £3600, and who knows about the C8 (seriously, does anyone know?)

Which would you recommend? Design doesn't really matter, sound doesn't as I'm using a 5.1 system. I was going to go straight for the Sony but at the high end, the price difference is £1100 over the B7.

John Lewis say they need an answer on the refund/replacement option by next week (although it could potentially be extended) but the new LG OLEDs won't be out and fully reviewed for a few weeks at least it seems.

thanks

Prices are roughly 40% more on release and its usually a very bad idea to buy a TV shortly after its been released. I have never witnessed where the extra has been worth it over the predecessor, especially when now is a TV where last years models tend to be at their greatest discounts.

So I would go or a last years models, ideally the B7 if you can still find one. The other OLEDs tend to be more expensive and not worth the extra money, particularly the A1 which is very overpriced..maybe that will be reduced more with the new models being released though.

Thanks for the input.

There's a third TV in the picture now; the new Panasonic OLED (without sound bar) that I think I might go for at £3500. If I don't, it probably will be the B7 as the extra £1000 just doesn't seem worth it for the A1 and the C8 is an insane £4500!

That is about £1000 more than the 65B7.

You may even be able to get a price match for the 65B7 at £2400. If you can spend that kind of money you could get yourself a lovely sound system or top of the line soundbar to compliment the TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom