Torn between 3 screens...... HELP!!!

ryland

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Pretty new to the LCD scene at the moment and I am getting confused, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm getting confused which way to go..

I am thinking of one of these screens:

Hyundai Vvuon Q321
Samsung LE32R42B
Video7 LTV32H

Which one would be the best to go for??? I have about £800 to spend.

Thanks

Ryland

ryland said:
Hi,

Pretty new to the LCD scene at the moment and I am getting confused, I have cash burning a hole in my pocket and I'm getting confused which way to go..

I am thinking of one of these screens:

Hyundai Vvuon Q321
Samsung LE32R42B
Video7 LTV32H

Which one would be the best to go for??? I have about £800 to spend.

Thanks

Ryland

Been following the hyundai myself, looks like the one for me. Depends what you are going to use it for...

Mainly Sky (eventually Sky HD but in no rush) DVD Movies (going to buy a unit with HDMI/DVI output) and a bit of XBOX (not 360) when I get chance.

I am starting to fall towards the hyundai myself

Ryland

I've had my eye on the Hyundai Vvuon Q321 too.

But I'm a little concerned about the lack of HDMI inputs.

It may be an issue if both SkyHD and one of the next gen DVD players require HCP.

Any thoughts?

vbrindle said:
I've had my eye on the Hyundai Vvuon Q321 too.

But I'm a little concerned about the lack of HDMI inputs.

It may be an issue if both SkyHD and one of the next gen DVD players require HCP.

Any thoughts?

You would probably be able to sort out a solution, maybe as switcher box... going to add more cost though:rolleyes:

If that's the case I may as well invest in a more expensive TV.

The one I originally had my eye on was the Toshiba 32WLT58 which has loads of connections.

I want one with plenty of connections and a good response rate for the xbox 360 and good enough to watch football on without blurring.

Thanks

You will not need a HDMI port for Sky +, what you need is a HDCP enabled port, which the Q320 and Q321 have (through the DVi port)....

HDMI is now an older connection and most TV manufacturers are dropping it.

Dont think you would have a issue with the screens performance, although there is a long thread on the hyundai which is worth looking through...

One of the things that draws me to it, other than price is it has 2 sets of component inputs, i.e. you can have an xbox 360 and a dvd player plugged in at the same time. still leaves the dvi for sky.

Are you sure?

I've heard of DVI much longer than HDMI. Also HDMI carries sound which DVI does not. Are you being paid to say this? ;)

CoolCurly said:

HDMI and DVI are the same thing, but HDMI carries sound. It's the newest digital connection for HD and most manufacturers are only going to add more to their TVs.

CoolCurly said:

Cool, is this correct - most new tv's coming out seem to have dropped dvi for hdmi?

Like many others I am so torn between the Q321 and Samsung Le32R41BD, are there any official reviews available from any magazines, technical sites anywhere - everything seems to be from the end users on this forum - and although I trust them you can't beat the opinion of a professional?

C'mon Cool, sell it to me! :smashin:

Cheers,

Lee

LOL!!!

The product seems to be selling itself!

I was in Cebit the other week and had a look at the "next gen" TV's which will launch for the end of the year before Xmas. Most of them had dropped the HDMI ports from the units, but some of them still had them. Now this can still be changed if needed as the units will not go into product until June/July.

But I did speak to somebody very high up at Samsung who told me that most of the manufacturers where not happy with HDMi as it was "restrictive"..now what he wouldnt go into detail (he was Korean with bit-english).....

HDCP encryption is actually what is needed for when HD Broadcasts start to be encrypted so as long as one of your ports (be it the HDMI or DVI) is encrypted then you will be safe.....

Hope this has helped.......and there is a whisper of one of the etailers having them on special this weekend........I'll let you know later if they do

Thanks Cool, as ever!:smashin:

Any reviews anywhere though???

Well many have posted reviews on this forum under the Q321 Review posting..

Actually no, I meant HDMI being dropped but DVI still being used.
DVI remember is also the port to use it you want to connect your PC/Media Centre to your PC.

To be honest, I can see HDMi still being left on the units this year, but thats not what I saw at Cebit last week.......

Interesting, do they expect people to only use external amplifiers?, if a DVI connector is used the sound would either have to be connected seperately for a stand alone TV or be connected to an amp.

boksbox said:
Interesting, do they expect people to only use external amplifiers?, if a DVI connector is used the sound would either have to be connected seperately for a stand alone TV or be connected to an amp.

Please can someone confirm if this is correct?

If I use a DVI connection from a dvd player/PS3 etc (HDMI output through DVI converter) there is no way of using the Q321 speakers - you will always have to connect to separate amp?

i'm a little confused by this thread, i thought HDMI was going to be the new standard in digital connection for picture and sound?

if not what will they be using? and why would manufacturers bother with introducing them to sets now when they could have just increased DVI connections which are more common? :confused:

Monkeyboylee said:
Please can someone confirm if this is correct?

If I use a DVI connection from a dvd player/PS3 etc (HDMI output through DVI converter) there is no way of using the Q321 speakers - you will always have to connect to separate amp?

First point is would you really want to use the speakers, especially for watching DVDs? I would use an external Amp to be honest.

Secondly I would expect that there is a headphone-like jack for the audio input and you can get a stereo jack to phono adaptor, but someone would need to confirm that. You could connect your DVD player up like that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom