Torchwood US

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Fox is developing a U.S. version of Torchwood. Another attempt at sci-fi from Fox TV that that killed Firefly, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse. Creator Russell T Davies is writing the script for the pilot. Rumors are John Barrowman might star also. I love my US series, so im looking forward to the higher production values. Shame that RTD is still involved in writing though.

Firefly died because the audience was very vocal but sadly very small.

Firefly died because the audience was very vocal but sadly very small.

It died because Fox didn't care for it and showed the episodes out of order from the start and showed late at night. No one had any idea what was going on with the story.

An American Torchwood sounds like a bad idea.

so is it possibly going to in the same 'Whoniverse'?
... with a US branch of Torchwood, reporting to the UK base - seeing as it was originally set up by the British monarchy

so is it possibly going to in the same 'Whoniverse'?
... with a US branch of Torchwood, reporting to the UK base - seeing as it was originally set up by the British monarchy

That'll be about right

let's face it even with Russell T Davies on board a US version can't be worse than our own UK Torchwood . And the good thing is you know it's guaranteed to be cancelled before us British non downloading viewers even see the first episode.

looks like this will effectively be our Series 4 of Torchwood
- RTD along with the Beeb's Julie Gardner and Jane Tranter (all now based in LA with BBC Worldwide) appear to be involved and it will be a BBC Worldwide co-production .... and whilst RTD is now involved with this, the BBC is on the lookout for a new producer for Series 4 of The Sarah Jane Adventures

as I understand it Torchwood is a bigger hit in the US than Doctor Who
- and both have been hits on BBC America; especially Children Of Earth and Tennant's final specials

Fox have declined on this but the BBC are in discussion with several interested networks.

A little bit of Who deja vu.

Bri

Fox have declined on this but the BBC are in discussion with several interested networks.

A little bit of Who deja vu.

Bri

Probably no bad thing.... I think we all know it'd run for one season and get killed off, or maybe wouldn't even limp past the pilot.

Probably no bad thing.... I think we all know it'd run for one season and get killed off, or maybe wouldn't even limp past the pilot.

Yes like they did with their pilot for Dr Who. I think if we are to get anymore Torchwood it should be from the BBC as they did such a good job on the last series. Of course there may be a budget cut.

Bri

Yes like they did with their pilot for Dr Who. I think if we are to get anymore Torchwood it should be from the BBC as they did such a good job on the last series. Of course there may be a budget cut.

Bri

Doctor Who and Torchwood are well known in the States, and are both pretty successful on BBC America (although classic Doctor Who has been shown on PBS for donkeys years), but just because something is successful, doesn't mean that it needs an American spin-off.

Most of the UK shows that have been successful in the States are due to their Britishness. Taking something quintessentially British and Americanising it for what they hope will be a bigger audience, won't always work, especially if the end result is just wrong.

err no its not The character he plays caused a woman to "dissapear" for 18 yeas ..he is about as menacing as a wet flannel

I bet he's got some interesting "Skeletons" in his closet :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom