Torchwood Series 3 (2009) + spoilers

brian s

Distinguished Member
There's some confusion over the intended broadcast date. It was to be Spring in the UK but the last I heard was it would be the same day in Summer in both the US and UK. Krish says there are rumours that the DVD and Blu-Ray will be out in July in The States. So it's anyone's guess.

The possibility another series be down to the sucess of this one assuming the actors and producers want to do it.

Cheers
Bri

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
There's some confusion over the intended broadcast date. It was to be Spring in the UK but the last I heard was it would be the same day in Summer in both the US and UK. Krish says there are rumours that the DVD and Blu-Ray will be out in July in The States. So it's anyone's guess.

The possibility another series be down to the sucess of this one assuming the actors and producers want to do it.

Cheers
Bri

oh, isn't a 5 episode series a bit short for a return in 2009 :(

brian s

Distinguished Member
oh, isn't a 5 episode series a bit short for a return in 2009 :(
It's one complete story. I agree it's not much but may help maintain a high quality. I dislike it when they show the episodes on a nightly rather than weekly basis. It crams too much in over a short period. It doesn't give you a chance to savour it. Of course it's sister show Dr Who is doing just the reverse. Four episodes over several months.

:eek:

Scapegoat

It's one complete story. I agree it's not much but may help maintain a high quality. I dislike it when they show the episodes on a nightly rather than weekly basis. It crams too much in over a short period. It doesn't give you a chance to savour it. Of course it's sister show Dr Who is doing just the reverse. Four episodes over several months.

:eek:
I'm the other way round, and I store episodes of programmes up on the Sky HDD and then watch them in big chunks i.e. an entire 13 episode series over a week or so.

You could record them all and then watch one a week over 5 weeks.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I'm the other way round, and I store episodes of programmes up on the Sky HDD and then watch them in big chunks i.e. an entire 13 episode series over a week or so.

You could record them all and then watch one a week over 5 weeks.
There's quite a few people who post here are just like you. They can watch an entire series or season in a very short time. Sometimes in a single weekend. At most I'll watch three or four episodes of a show in a week. I will record Torchwood and spread it out. I already have loads to watch on my hard drive so I'll have to get watching to clear the way for Torchwood.:D

Cheers
Bri

nwgarratt

There's quite a few people who post here are just like you. They can watch an entire series or season in a very short time. Sometimes in a single weekend. At most I'll watch three or four episodes of a show in a week. I will record Torchwood and spread it out. I already have loads to watch on my hard drive so I'll have to get watching to clear the way for Torchwood.:D

Cheers
Bri
I never watch programmes live. I always record the ones I want and can easily do 4 episodes in one evening if I like the show. I have done it with CSI, NCIS and Stargate recently. I was crazy to do it but I watched 24 season 1 to 5 in 5 days.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I never watch programmes live. I always record the ones I want and can easily do 4 episodes in one evening if I like the show. I have done it with CSI, NCIS and Stargate recently. I was crazy to do it but I watched 24 season 1 to 5 in 5 days.
crazy yeh :D information overload!, i would never have remembered what went before in episodes/seasons.

nwgarratt

:eek:When did you sleep?

Cheers
Bri
I never get much sleep. I get around 5 hours each night. Each season is around 17 hours and I got them done in less than 18.

raigraphixs said:
crazy yeh information overload!, i would never have remembered what went before in episodes/seasons.
Not something I am going to do again but I still remember most of it since I did it last year. I did season 6 on its own in 4 days. As Torchwood S2 was only 13 episodes. I got through it in a few days.

brian s

Distinguished Member
John Barrowman is on The One Show tonight at 7.00pm on BBC1. I think it's to promote his quizshow which is returning shortly but Torchwood is bound to get a mention.

Bri

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
John Barrowman says June or July for the transmission date, so 10-14 weeks wait. Wish they would bring it forward.

krish

Distinguished Member
John Barrowman says June or July for the transmission date, so 10-14 weeks wait. Wish they would bring it forward.
it's difficult to to schedule a 5-nighter, they've got to get a few series out of the way first, likes Ashes To Ashes, and events like Wimbledon.

brian s

Distinguished Member
John Barrowman was in My Family tonight. He was dressed ad Indiana Jones and he played the Doctor.

Bri

catm

Novice Member
has anyone heard if 15th June is the confirmed broadcast date for Torchwood Children of Earth?
I'm off on holiday later next week and sure don't want to miss it!
If I knew when its going to be on I can "add" it to my long list of things to record whilst I'm away :).

PoochJD

Hi,

Yes, indeedy, Brian S is correct - I've officially confirmed that with the BBC themselves. :)

"Children Of Earth" - a five-part Torchwood special, will start airing on BBC1 from Monday 15th June at 9:00-10:00pm, with episodes 2-5 inclusive showing at the same time over the following consecutive nights! :eek: Let's hope the quality is great! The remaining episodes have yet to be confirmed as to when they will be shown.

Pooch