1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

topup tv

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Optiplex, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Optiplex

Optiplex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please recommend a topup tv freeview receiver. I'm after one with the best picture possible as I have a 42" rear pro.

Thanks

2. MancLad

MancLad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Netgem I-Player gives me a stunning picture on my 42" Plasma, far better than the Picture I get with my other box Thomson 2300.

Rumor has it the BT version of the I-Player is going to have a software update so it can work with Topup TV very shortly.

http://www.shop.bt.com/invt/011613

I've got the OEM version of the I-Player with a CAM so I can get Topup TV with it.

http://www.netgemdirect.com/

If you hunt around you can find the Netgem I-Player cheaper.

3. Optiplex

Optiplex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've just had a look at the Netgem on the internet and it does look the business. Can you tell me if it has phono audio outputs, a I would like to connect it to my amp (which doesn't have digital input). Secondly, do you have to connect it to the telephone line?

Thanks

4. MancLad

MancLad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no it does'nt have phono outputs it has an optical output and I think it's 2.5mm stereo jack, which is what I use to my amp 2.5mm > 2 phono leads.

Connection to a phone line is only necessary if you want the extended warranty, or you can do what I do and connect it to a router and this way you still get the extended warranty plus the abilty to surf the net on the TV which I don't do that often but it makes it easier to do software updates for the box.