topgear new series

Hopefully.....
I can only assume by that comment, that you do not intend to watch it.

Ive seen quite a few people complain about Top Gear on here, but they still continue to watch it. :D

Have had this marked on my calendar for a couple of weeks now.
Sunday nights are not the same without a new episode of Top Gear to watch - really looking forward to it. :clap:

I still like the show but no longer love it, and will still watch it, but can't help wanting them to stop fooling around so much and get back to reviewing cars. I used to move Heaven and Earth to make sure saw each new episode ASAP, but now just catch it sometime on iPlayer as and when, and even then find myself drifting onto other things with it becoming background. I find the older repeats on Dave much more entertaining, even though they're not new.

problem is they have done everything, there are only so many ways to reheat it

they still come out with some absolute gems thou, especially there road trips like Vietnam or that mountain pass

I can only assume by that comment, that you do not intend to watch it.

Ive seen quite a few people complain about Top Gear on here, but they still continue to watch it. :D

Have had this marked on my calendar for a couple of weeks now.
Sunday nights are not the same without a new episode of Top Gear to watch - really looking forward to it. :clap:

I watch it if there is nothing else decent on but don't look forward to a new series anymore.

As others have said they spend a little too much time arsing around in the latest supercars and on challenges for me now. I actually prefer to watch some of the older repeated episodes as well now.

I don't dislike those features but would just like to see a 'little' more real world stuff.

Maybe even the odd motorbike feature ;)

Maybe even the odd motorbike feature ;)
That would be very welcome indeed. :) I've always enjoyed the car vs bike features that Fifth Gear have done in the past.
Unfortunately though its unlikely to happen, for the obvious reason. :D

That would be very welcome indeed. :) I've always enjoyed the car vs bike features that Fifth Gear have done in the past.
Unfortunately though its unlikely to happen, for the obvious reason. :D

Didn't they do the Ariel Atom v motorbike round the test track :laugh:

I'll be watching it. I can't believe that they haven't 'heard' some of the comments about the show going off the boil over the last few series. As above, there is only so much that can be re-done (and I guess suitable new models to cover). I would like to see more 'real-life' stuff, for example best 'x' for £7000, or how long does a car really last - and test till destruction.

Some of the stuff is obviously set up, but it's entertaining, and more fun for the masses than William Wollard talking about bypasses or something.

The new 5th Gear Series is decent for a 30 minute slot, but for us petrolheads I'd rather have Top Gear on than nothing.

Didn't they do the Ariel Atom v motorbike round the test track :laugh:

They did, but whoever was riding the bike was very, very poor.
If you look at the video below, around 4:59
You can see the bike rider braking and cornering in a very amateur manner.
And at around 5:20, the bike is cornering like it's icy.:facepalm:
Can't make my mind up if it's a poor rider, or (god forbid) they've been told not to try too hard to make the car look better.:rolleyes:

YouTube - Top Gear - Ariel Atom - BBC

Last edited:
I used to watch it but got tired of the whole format so in the end I quit watching it. I still see bits of the odd one to see if anything has changed.

Is this going to be shown in HD??

Last season was so i would assume so, thats if you can call the PQ on BBCHD, HD:p

I do agree that i used to love this show and i still like it but it does not have the same appeal now. The challenges have taken over far too much, for me the perfect format would be, 20 minute challenge, 10 minute guest part, 10 minute news then 2, 10 minute car reviews one supercar and one normal car that normal people may actually buy.

Last edited:
I used to watch it but got tired of the whole format so in the end I quit watching it. I still see bits of the odd one to see if anything has changed.

I still like the show but no longer love it, and will still watch it, but can't help wanting them to stop fooling around so much and get back to reviewing cars. I used to move Heaven and Earth to make sure saw each new episode ASAP, but now just catch it sometime on iPlayer as and when, and even then find myself drifting onto other things with it becoming background. I find the older repeats on Dave much more entertaining, even though they're not new.

Hopefully.....

I'm in agreement with the above comments. The format has been tired for a couple of series now and I no longer find myself "booking" the telly for 8pm on a Sunday evening.

Hammond I now find particularly irritating!

and one normal car that normal people may actually buy.

No, no no no no nooooo.:nono:
Unless it's something ground breaking, I have no desire to see normal cars tested,.
As Clarkson himself says, if you want to know what a normal car's like, go down the dealer and test drive one.

No, no no no no nooooo.:nono:
Unless it's something ground breaking, I have no desire to see normal cars tested,.
As Clarkson himself says, if you want to know what a normal car's like, go down the dealer and test drive one.

Have to agree. I cannot think of anything worse than watching 10 minutes on the new Vauxhall Monstrosity.

They did, but whoever was riding the bike was very, very poor.
If you look at the video below, around 4:59
You can see the bike rider braking and cornering in a very amateur manner.
And at around 5:20, the bike is cornering like it's icy.:facepalm:
Can't make my mind up if it's a poor rider, or (god forbid) they've been told not to try too hard to make the car look better.:rolleyes:

YouTube - Top Gear - Ariel Atom - BBC[/URL]

This is more like it....

Toseland rides the Blade 'Properly' in this vid....

YouTube - James Toseland Vs Tiff Needell

Thoroughly enjoyed it, the Reliant Robin article was superb.:laugh:

"Can you help me out, Phil Oakey from Human League?"

Thoroughly enjoyed it, the Reliant Robin article was superb.:laugh:

"Can you help me out, Phil Oakey from Human League?"

It doesnt matter that things like this are set up, the viewer is not expecting it and most importantly they are absolutley hilarious.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom