• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Topfield

100949football

Established Member
Anyone aware of a problem which has appeared on my Topfield recorder.
When I try to set the machine to record a timed programme I find that the EPG appears frozen ESPECIALLY ON ITV and the programme I want to record is not made available for setting the timing?
It is a bit of an intermittent problem but very annoying. As I stated it is more often than not on ITV/Channel 4.:lease::lease:

nwhitfield

Prominent Member
First, most important, what firmware version are you using (Menu, Information, IRD Status/System status). The Application version is the important information, and will start 5.11, 5.12, 5.13 or 5.14 if you are using a TF5800, or 5.15 if you are using a 5810.

If you have a version earlier than 5.12.88, then there are known shortcomings in the EPG gathering, and you should update the firmware - the version we currently recommend on Toppy.org.uk is 5.13.65

I don't know exactly what you mean by 'frozen' - does the EPG not respond, or does it just not contain all the data you need?

mbaragwnath

Standard Member
Hi
after much deliberation i have finally bought a 5800 black panther. where can i find an up to date list of taps and the functionality provided by each? also, where is the best place to download taps and also pc apps?

100949football

Established Member
First, most important, what firmware version are you using (Menu, Information, IRD Status/System status). The Application version is the important information, and will start 5.11, 5.12, 5.13 or 5.14 if you are using a TF5800, or 5.15 if you are using a 5810.

If you have a version earlier than 5.12.88, then there are known shortcomings in the EPG gathering, and you should update the firmware - the version we currently recommend on Toppy.org.uk is 5.13.65

I don't know exactly what you mean by 'frozen' - does the EPG not respond, or does it just not contain all the data you need?

Thank you for your help friend.

I have not had time to check yet regarding the firmware version but I will do so.
If I need an upgrade how, exactly, does one go about getting that.
When I say the EPG is "frozen" it DOES respond but does NOT conatian the information I need re forthcoming programmes - allowing for future timer-recording.

many thanks once more.......Bill:hiya:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom