• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Topfield problems - keeps resetting but only on ITV.

JIT

Novice Member
My Topfield keeps turning off then on again but only when on ITV and seems to only happen during world cup games, just happened again.

Anybody else having this problem?

Lancastrian

Standard Member
I had the same problem as well. I was trying to record Channel 4 in Her Highness's absence whilst I watched a useless football game. The monster kept switching off, kicked it but this time it didn't work. Had to resort to the TV until the game finished. ( It was by half time ! )

nwhitfield

Novice Member
If you experience weirdness like that, it's usually worth trying to turn off the Interactive option in the settings, which disables digital text.

Lancastrian

Standard Member
Thankyou for you suggestion but I do not have an Interactive option in Settings. This could be because I still have the original 2005 setup. I did try to up-grade using an old computer but to no avail and, as the box was working well, I just left things be. I have recorded several programmes since, all without a problem. The only other problem at the moment is signal strength. We are just "round the corner" from sight line to Emly Moor. It is undergoing work and has a temporary aerial and will have for some time to come. This seems to affect our evening signal strength, especially on some BBC channels. Can't see that has any bearing on the problem of the other evening. However, thankyou for you suggestion.

Last edited:

nwhitfield

Novice Member
If you're using the 2005 firmware, then you really are going to have lots of problems sooner or later, especially when you have to re-scan for channels. It really will be worth trying to borrow a laptop from someone and updating to the Toppy forum's recommended firmware.

Lancastrian

Standard Member
I'm off to Aberdeen for a week so I will endeavour to update on my return. If I may I shall keep you informed of progress. Thankyou once again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom